The Big Three,

right i have got my new 140 amp alternator fitted to the car, i was wondering where to connect the 1/0 awg wire to?

here is a pic of the old stock alt, (new ones same, just upgraded)

wholealt.jpg

when i connected the original wires to the alt i used this bit of the alt; ( the 3-clip connection bit)

3clipconnection.jpg

i was wondering if i needed to connect the 1/0 awg wire to this? (the B+ connection terminal thing)

Bconnction.jpg

what is the 'W' connection terminal for? (this)

Wconnection.jpg

if i do need to connect the new wire to the B+ connection, do i run that to the positive battery terminal under the bonnet yea? (i have a 44AH stock battery under bonnet, and a 120AH deep cycle gel battery wired parrelel in the boot.

please explain to me in here where i should connect the new wires too? use my pictures to make it extremely easy and clear::)

cheers guys appreciate any help :)

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest MegaloManiac

you didnt look before you took off the old alty from engine bay?

edit: go look under the hood and take a pic if you can of the 140a one

Edited by MegaloManiac

you didnt look before you took off the old alty from engine bay?

edit: go look under the hood and take a pic if you can of the 140a one

they are exactly the same man, same connections and all that. i jus bought a new alt and got it upgraded to 140Amps.

i have it wired up and everything, its just i want to do the big 3, and i am not sure wherer to connect the 1/0awg wire to the alt....

3clipconnection.jpg these are the only wires that connect to the alt, and i couldnt tell which one was which wire .

what is that ' B+ ' and the ' W ' terminals on the alt for?

cheers

sorry for any confusion. :)

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wire it where the stock wire is wired up to ;)

the stock wiring is in that 3clip terminal bit, i reckon it will be difficult to get the 1/0 wire connected up to that.

What are the B+ and W terminals all about? surely that B+ is to connect to the battery??

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

thats probally the harness for the regulator for your ecu to monitor. i bet its that screw on the right you see where you are supose to mount to

Bconnction.jpg

to that one yea? (B+ is written behind it, can kinda be seen in pic)

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

can you take a pic in your engine bay of the one installed?

why you want that for, there both the same?

it's gone midnight over here now. i'll take some tomoro :)

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

your factory alternator should have had a wire running from the battery to the alternator right? I was probably a 2 or a 4 gauge wire. Probably had a connector crimped to it with a bolt hole in it right? whichever bolt that wire and connector came off of, will be the same one you put that wire and connector back on to, as well as the wire you are using for that part of the big 3. You are not taking out any of your factory wiring , just enhancing it with bigger wire so the current can choose the path of least resistance....

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties