1000W system: do I need more than Big 3?

I have an Alpine SWR-12D4 subwoofer (1000W RMS) and an Alpine MRX-M110 amplifier (1100W RMS) and after a lot of research, I don't know if I will need more than doing the Big 3 (when I will install it and drive it). I know most of you don't like capacitors and prefer Big 3 but will my Toyota Matrix 2004 will be able to handle this? If Big 3 really act like a big straw will it drain the battery faster than before (but have better power flow)? I just wanna know if I absolutely need a new alternator or battery, or if I can just stick with Big 3 (or nothing), that's it. Thanks.

I have an Alpine SWR-12D4 subwoofer (1000W RMS) and an Alpine MRX-M110 amplifier (1100W RMS) and after a lot of research, I don't know if I will need more than doing the Big 3 (when I will install it and drive it). I know most of you don't like capacitors and prefer Big 3 but will my Toyota Matrix 2004 will be able to handle this? If Big 3 really act like a big straw will it drain the battery faster than before (but have better power flow)? I just wanna know if I absolutely need a new alternator or battery, or if I can just stick with Big 3 (or nothing), that's it. Thanks.

well , that sub is 600 Watt RMS

what size wire do you have on your big 3?

is the batt oem?

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

yes you do, get an 170amp alt and up the hood battery, im running 2 sd-2 10d4 on a older t1000bd at 1ohm I have 1/0 and did the big 3 still drops to 11v on a stock alt and battery

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

your car has a 90-100 amp alt.

you should at least get a good batt. like a 110Ah.

At very least

mechman told me I need at least 170alt and a good battery under the hood for my setup which is 1000-1300rms

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

At very least

mechman told me I need at least 170alt and a good battery under the hood for my setup which is 1000-1300rms

of course mechman will tell you that, they want your business lol.

-playing with different setups

At very least

of course mechman will tell you that, they want your business lol.

i ran an aq 1200 on a 70 amp corolla alt perfectly fine.

you will never see 1100w anyway. box rise is always going to fuck you over and like halve (depends greatly) the power output of the aemp.

I run a 2200 on a stock 110 amp alt with big 3 in 1/0 qauge and a extra batt.. with very little drop

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

At very least

lol you asked them if you needed there product or not , well shit ya they will say yes

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

Archived