Precision Power BK1800.1

Joshua Shoemaker

If cheap is where I browse, might I own not Crescendo and Sundown products but instead, Soundstorm (still) and/or Audiopipe? Is that to imply that clicking this thread is indicative of me browsing for cheap car audio? Wouldn't that lump nearly everyone who clicked on this thread into the same group...? Or could it be that I open every amp guts thread just to see what an amp is packing inside? Before doing some searching today, I was unware what Precision Power even was, until I found it is also known as PPI (heard of them in that case, however never owned one). Nonetheless, I clicked the thread just to see, regardless whose brand was in the title. If that by any means says anything about my purchase habits, by all means, tell everyone about me. It seems the OP is satisfied and outside of that, I'm not sure what other message you are delivering to him/her besides negative commentary.

I'm aware of your contributions to other members. I also stated in my previous post that you were a smart bass head. I wasn't taking anything away from your generosity to select members, rather pointing out your shortcomings of hospitality to new ones. Discouraging a purchase of a particular brand (using a little tact) and steering them to a better alternative I wholeheartedly agree with. To castigate someones new purchase, at times so vehemently, I do not. If the purchaser/listener is satisfied for the time being, to what end do you strive? Is the reader to be embarassed and lament their own purchase as do you? Discouraged from sharing their experience among other fellow bass-heads? I honestly cannot find method to your ridicule as an after-thought to another mans purchases.

The point of me exercising my general opinion of you must have been lost in translation somewhere along the line. I wasn't challenging you to an all out treasure hunt of your posts on behalf of my own time. No no. I already know what I've seen. I am suggesting you seek yourself, so you can see yourself. Nothing more. Nothing less. My apologies for coming down on you so harshly and in such a public manner. Perhaps I should have private messaged you to discuss this.

Sincere apologies to the OP for all this. Congrats on your purchase and may you enjoy your amplifier until/unless you decide to purchase another.

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

To be perfectly honest and blunt. I don't really care. All you've managed to do is make yourself be noticed. If that was what you were going for mission accomplished

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

No sir. Not my intention. Unfortunately I got it anyway. For the most part I'm here to lurk and learn. Saw an opportunity to teach. That is all. Your lack of interest in hearing what I have to say seems familiar. It mirrors those who choose not to listen to you when you say a product is bad. The lesson is the same. You can't teach anyone who doesn't want to learn or isn't ready to learn (or can't afford to learn). Doesn't take away from who you are though. I can clearly see that while dishing it out you don't stop to reconsider peoples feelings, however when the tables turn you are no different than they. I respect your honesty about not caring though.

But what are you trying to teach me? I Hear You Just fine. I just think it's a moot point? You want me to handle everyone who asks about cheap gear with kid gloves and tell them.how great it is? In case you missed it. This verythread started out with the original ppost having a picture.of this amp and one of a proven amp inferring that they are the same thing. I merely stated that they weren't the same and then the thread went from there. Someone else posted another amp that is certified garbage and I said as much. You revived a thread to play captain. Save a hoe to the new guys. I'm sure they appreciate it but it's not going to change anything. It's not even close to the same thing as me saying an amp sucks. There are quantifiable tests that can be performed on an amp to tell you just how bad it is. Your statement that I'm mean and need to be nicer to people is a personal opinion. You were so bent on attacking me personally that you didn't even notice I didn't have anything to say about the original amp except it's not the same amp as an aq2200.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have read and acknowledge your reply. Unfortunately I am leaving my house for work now. I do intend to respond, some time after though.

N8, while i think you are trying to be helpful. Sometimes it doesnt come off like that. And your intentions are most likely to be good and informative. Sometimes when we put things in writing it doesn't sound the way we intended it to. I also dont see a problem with those who wish to post what ever. Whether it be a good or bad product. When your new to the hobby opinions are always nice to receive. And if someone thinks they got a great deal, well good for them. Sometimes constructive criticism can come off as rude or inconsiderate. I'm sure that i am guilty of this also, and i have tried and still working on posting without offending someone. As far as someone posting the laughter of comparing this amp with the AQ2200 was a joke. Well i think many can admit the board looks like and is layed out like the AQ2200. Now that does not mean in now way the ppk has the same quality of parts used in the AQ. But you can see why someone would make that comparison.

truthsayer

Archived