Second Skin Audio

american bass xo 12s questions

Xplay75

I just picked up a pair for $50 from a pawn shop,they are dule vc 600 watts a piece,I have 2 amps witch I can run them on but need advice,one is a jl 500.1 and the other is a rf 1500 bdcp,any ideas witch one to run,Idk if u can over power them,had it hooked up to the jl and when turned up loud one would make a slight popping sound but went away when I covered the port a little with my hand,Idk if I have to change the crossover to void out that frequency or maby the box is to small,its a prefab box,any ideas would b help full

low pass prevents high notes from being played.

subsonic prevents low notes from being played.

considering those are 400rms a piece, i would probably run the fosgate amp with the gains set VERY conservatively. that amp has the ability to throw twice the rated power of the woofers.

thanks for the advice,I know that the rf could kill thoes subs easy,any advice on setting that gain so I don't kill it,I don't have any type of meter

low pass prevents high notes from being played.

subsonic prevents low notes from being played.

considering those are 400rms a piece, i would probably run the fosgate amp with the gains set VERY conservatively. that amp has the ability to throw twice the rated power of the woofers.

Archived