Not saying it can't be done, but an OLDS 350 is better off as a boat anchor. You gotta have ALOT of goodies for an OLDS 307 to put 350 to the tires. Correct me if I'm wrong here diesel, but didn't the GM 307 have the backwards rotating distributor, and that's why it was such a POS for a motor???

Guest beatitouttheframe

ok chech this out it dose work the way ur thinking but if u gut it and swap the parts from a chevy 305sb it will work the other way but u have to take the whole motor down..but i didnt do mine that way i just put straight pipes and a cam from comp cams 100shot of nx and a holly carb turbo 350trans 3speed the motor has been rebuilt and the heads are off of a 350 and i got ned lifter and puch rods its a  beast i spent about 4500on the motor and a lil on the trans

southern_pokey  - your right, that motor was all setup backwards and it definately does take a lot of time and money to get that motor putting out 350 to the tires on pump gas.  But as beatitouttheframe said...his cure was NOS.  NOS is a bandaid solution for any motor to get good numbers and trust me I've seen some mad numbers from NOS (well..and some dead motors  :D)

I'm not callin you out beatitouttheframe, but what kind of nondrug numbers does she put out?  I know one of the hot rod buildoffs where a team was going to use a 307 and rebuild it up to 350/400 hp, said that it was just to costly.  Also, with swapping out the cam, how did you keep from having to replace the lifters?  Typically aftermarket cams give you more aggressive lobes, making you have to change out the lifters and timing chain along with adjusting the timing of the valves?

BTW, here's the hot rod buildoff that I'm referring to:  http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemas...305em_gmachine/

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Guest beatitouttheframe

well comp cams is a good set of guys and they will hook u up with the topend parts u need to go with the cam..its a bit more green but its well worth it the spray is a good cure and works good with the 307s hot ing but the one problem i have had is its  got a slow reaction like it takes a few seconds to kick in i kno it will but i mean more tan nomal its like.....any ideas i a6th of it befor it takes off