Second Skin Audio

Tantric Subs?

Berries53

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

sadly they still list NO specs on their site... just generic information that could fit any sub.... I couldn't even fathom spending money with them handing out specs like that.... when they give out proper information, then I'll look at them again...

So what do y'all guys think about this company? A lot of people down south run them and they lovem. I was actually thinking bout gettin sum recones for my lvl 3s. Just curious what y'all's opinions are about them?

Do the contact process. I deal with ronal murphy directly. If you ask him he is normally happy to tell you anything you want to know about his subs. I think part of why he doesn't put too much specific info on the site is because he can do custom mods, and basically do whatever you want. There are all sorts of options he can do. For his higher power subs there are all sorts of different coils, he can do. Cap, and cone options, basket options, spider options.. If you are serious it is best to just contact them and tell him your needs. I have experience with quite a few of his subs. I run a HD12 in my car, have never been happier with a sub, it is clean, loud as f$#k for what it is, and hits all they way down to 20hz. I'm putting 14-1500 watts on it daily. Have had it for about a year now. I also installed a ld 10 stealthy in a truck, and 2 HDD12's with a Sundown Saz 5kd at .5 ohms in a lexus es300.. it was NASTY. Installing a 15 " md series in a few days here. I have been nothing but happy with Tantric subs. Sturdy build, all sorts of custom stuff you can do, and an awesome price for such a mean and clean accurate sub.... I really like the simple, but strong style, and build. In case no one else answered it, the HDD is 2500 rms. But Ronal always under rates his subs a little.... We were putting about 8k on 2 hdd 12's and they were eating it up loving every second of it... as long as you keep it clean they can take some serious punishment... They are nonsensical subs for the price point... I would suggest anyone to give em a shot.. I bet you don't regret it. Can't beat the price to power handling, especially since it is accurate and sounds good too. He also offers recones... so if you compete and blow one... just recone instead of replacing the whole sub, much cheaper that way...

Archived