Second Skin Audio

Sq box help

I have read so many posts about boxes I'm conflicted. I originally wanted a sq box was going to go sealed but I really want something that has sq and when cranked up gets loud. I started looking at 4th orders because they have the sealed/ ported area which I think I suppose to get best of both worlds.

This is going in a vw beetle. Sub I was looking at was xcon 12. On a t1500.1 constant power. Dimensions I have to work with are 18 height x 34 width x 18 depth. The depth could probably go to 20 have to double check. Electrical is yellow top right now up front big 3 will be done and xs 975 in rear with runs of 1/0 to rear.

So my question is. What do you recommend for sq and getting loud sealed/ported/4th?

Front stage is t2652s ,t145 and powering those is t600.4 pbr300x4 being processed with a 360.3 I currently have everything but the sub. Not purchasing until I figure out this box situation.

Thanks

I have never heard a 4th order but I know my ported box has great sq (to me and friends) but will get down right nasty. For me to get sq tho I keep my remote nob about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way up just enough to here it and sound good but not over power my mids/highs

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Should of put what tuning for ported also. Also speaker back port back or port up? I was thinking of something the same style as the smd Lexus box for a ported maybe with an interchangeable port. I agree with bass volume I want to have it low for the sq but I want the wow/ holy shit factor also.

I'm thinking I need to spend the time and figure out the box making program.

Just build you a nice ported and tuned enclosure (around 28 htz) and call it a day ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

My box is tuned to 36hz and can play down to 32 hz no problem and sounds good on some alice and chains lol

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived