Second Skin Audio

Will the SMD fit

Get 2 HDC312s and seal them off. Its all free shipping from them for all of august so that saves you like 50 - 100 bucks right there

FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!!

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

If I'm reading and understanding him correctly, OP wasn't tweaking the gain or trying to use it as a volume control. He said he turned up the bass gain, e.g. bass boost, just for that one video and he said prior that he doesn't use it normally.

Is that what you meant OP? Because if it is... lay off the man folks, he isn't using the gain as a volume control. ;-)

And on the subject of the Powerbass amps... I know I guy around the corner from me who has a 4K Powerbass on three JL W7s with three batteries and two alternators in an S10 and he is extremely loud. I haven't listened to it much but from what did hear the PB amp was doing pretty good. I also talked with a shop owner today who said he's installed a few of them and has been impressed.

Does anyone else have any experience with their high powered amps?

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

If I'm reading and understanding him correctly, OP wasn't tweaking the gain or trying to use it as a volume control. He said he turned up the bass gain, e.g. bass boost, just for that one video and he said prior that he doesn't use it normally.

Is that what you meant OP? Because if it is... lay off the man folks, he isn't using the gain as a volume control. ;-)

And on the subject of the Powerbass amps... I know I guy around the corner from me who has a 4K Powerbass on three JL W7s with three batteries and two alternators in an S10 and he is extremely loud. I haven't listened to it much but from what did hear the PB amp was doing pretty good. I also talked with a shop owner today who said he's installed a few of them and has been impressed.

Does anyone else have any experience with their high powered amps?

Correct occasionally I turn the bass gain up for shoe but other then that it's set how I want it which is very low. The actual gain I have had set in the same spot since I first got the amp I get more then enough volume from my head unit

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (CVB 25th Chapter)

Alpine Head Unit

stock 6x9's

Powerbass ASA 1500.1Dx

FC 1200 krank-it up battery

HC 800 Kinetik battery

Orion HCCA 12.4 in slot ported box wired down to 2 ohms

Audiopipe 1/0 gauge wire

Rockford fosgate ring terminals

Subscribe to the Youtube page

http://www.youtube.com/user/TManMusicPage

Correct occasionally I turn the bass gain up for shoe but other then that it's set how I want it which is very low. The actual gain I have had set in the same spot since I first got the amp I get more then enough volume from my head unit

Well, that's what was meant by not using the gain as a volume control.... it isn't a volume control. It's there to match the amplifier's input sensitivity with your head unit's output voltage. Volume is irrelevant to gain settings. In other words, you set the gain to match the head unit and if the result is a 130db system, then that's what you have. If the result is a 160 db system, then that's what you have. If you set the gain and the system isn't loud enough, there are three things to do....

1) more power, either supply wise or amp wise

2) different box

3) more/different woofers

or a combination of the above. But.... raising the gain to get more volume is a no no. And not because I said so, because the amp and or subwoofer(s) won't live long. :-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Archived