Well, I took advantage of Steve's volt meter video and the resulting sale to order me up a VM-1.

Paid for it late Monday afternoon, shipped out Tuesday, received it Thursday. Shoutout to Steve and Jaybird for the super fast shipping.

Right out of the box, the first thought that comes to mind is "solid." For a volt meter, the thing has some meat to it. It's a really good feeling when you pick something up and it doesn't feel cheap, as if it were supposed to break sometime down the road

I cracked open the 12v plug and all the joints attaching the wire to the plug SOLID. No "dry joint" and plenty of solder wicking. Build with pride for sure

The LEDs are bright and readable. I'll find out how they do in direct sunlight tomorrow.

Pics coming tomorrow.

"Action" video coming sometime next week or the week after. I'm waiting on some custom hardware for my capacitor bank since the steel bolts I'm using right now are turning out to be a significant source of resistance. I'll be doing a comparison video between the VM-1, my stinger meter, my DMM, and with/without my capacitor bank. That's where the response time of the vm-1 will shine :D

Edited by SnowDrifter