slimm Posted August 3, 2013 Report Posted August 3, 2013 I need help with a box design for 2 e12 in my 07 maxima. 22in deep( can go a little more if needed) 17.5 high and 37in wide .this will be my first real box build. Thanks in advance. "He is I and I is Him.. Slimm with the tilted brim" -Snoop- For now.... 2007 maxima Stock hu 2 pioneer champion series 12s Kole 3000d ("1300 rms" @2ohms) 1 farad cap Line driver (off brand) Not bad for a $220 starter kit
Joe X Posted August 4, 2013 Report Posted August 4, 2013 The Kole Audio QX1-3000D is rated 1800WRMS @ 2 ohm.
slimm Posted August 4, 2013 Author Report Posted August 4, 2013 True. I've been thinking about getting a pair of sundowns for some time and I found these for $80 for the pair. At the moment they are in a prefab bbox. They sound pretty good, but I wanted to try my hand at building a box before I get a new setup. The amp is all the way down, bass boost is 0, sub sonic is around 32ish, freq is around 35, voltage is 14v and doesn't drop lower than 13.6. "He is I and I is Him.. Slimm with the tilted brim" -Snoop- For now.... 2007 maxima Stock hu 2 pioneer champion series 12s Kole 3000d ("1300 rms" @2ohms) 1 farad cap Line driver (off brand) Not bad for a $220 starter kit
Joe X Posted August 4, 2013 Report Posted August 4, 2013 If your box is about 3.8 - 4 cubes net tuned to mid 30s 50-55 square inches of port area then probably is ok for them, if not I can draw something for you or you can try a calculator around the mentioned ranges, in any case you will still need to keep your gains in check, about 500-550 W per sub if everything is very well setup.
slimm Posted August 4, 2013 Author Report Posted August 4, 2013 If your box is about 3.8 - 4 cubes net tuned to mid 30s 50-55 square inches of port area then probably is ok for them, if not I can draw something for you or you can try a calculator around the mentioned ranges, in any case you will still need to keep your gains in check, about 500-550 W per sub if everything is very well setup. Ok, will do. Can you draw something up for me? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. "He is I and I is Him.. Slimm with the tilted brim" -Snoop- For now.... 2007 maxima Stock hu 2 pioneer champion series 12s Kole 3000d ("1300 rms" @2ohms) 1 farad cap Line driver (off brand) Not bad for a $220 starter kit
Joe X Posted August 4, 2013 Report Posted August 4, 2013 I was wondering, will your backseats fold down?
slimm Posted August 4, 2013 Author Report Posted August 4, 2013 I was wondering, will your backseats fold down? Yes they do "He is I and I is Him.. Slimm with the tilted brim" -Snoop- For now.... 2007 maxima Stock hu 2 pioneer champion series 12s Kole 3000d ("1300 rms" @2ohms) 1 farad cap Line driver (off brand) Not bad for a $220 starter kit
Joe X Posted August 5, 2013 Report Posted August 5, 2013 The following would work nice port / subs firing back: Enclosure Specifications:Fb = 34 HzVb = 3.8 ft^3External Height = 15 inExternal Width = 37 inExternal Depth = 19.375 inPort Width = 3 7/8 inCut Sheet List:* All Dimensions in Inches.* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.External Enclosure Parts:2x Front = 16 9/16 x 13 1/2Back = 37 x 13 1/2Left & Right Sides: 17 7/8 x 13 1/2Top & Bottom = 37 x 19 3/8Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:2 x Front to Back = 15 15/16 x 13 1/22 x Extension = 3 11/16 x 13 1/2 You need to be extra careful with that amp, also you need at least 3 7/8" of free airspace in front of the port.
slimm Posted August 6, 2013 Author Report Posted August 6, 2013 The following would work nice port / subs firing back: Enclosure Specifications: Fb = 34 Hz Vb = 3.8 ft^3 External Height = 15 in External Width = 37 in External Depth = 19.375 in Port Width = 3 7/8 in Cut Sheet List: * All Dimensions in Inches. * Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts. External Enclosure Parts: 2x Front = 16 9/16 x 13 1/2 Back = 37 x 13 1/2 Left & Right Sides: 17 7/8 x 13 1/2 Top & Bottom = 37 x 19 3/8 Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts: 2 x Front to Back = 15 15/16 x 13 1/2 2 x Extension = 3 11/16 x 13 1/2 You need to be extra careful with that amp, also you need at least 3 7/8" of free airspace in front of the port. I really appreciate it. And I'll make sure to keep the amp under control. Thanks again "He is I and I is Him.. Slimm with the tilted brim" -Snoop- For now.... 2007 maxima Stock hu 2 pioneer champion series 12s Kole 3000d ("1300 rms" @2ohms) 1 farad cap Line driver (off brand) Not bad for a $220 starter kit
Joe X Posted August 6, 2013 Report Posted August 6, 2013 You're welcome, if you are doing the 45s do them like this:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.