JZeFF Posted August 5, 2013 Report Posted August 5, 2013 Hey guys,Im going to be building my new box this weekend. I just wanted to get a few people to say "looks good" before i start cutting wood.Like the title said, this will be for two SA 8 V2's, what do you think? Subs and port will be firing forward and the port will bend around the back of the box. My goal was to keep it relatively small, I dont have a ton of room to work with in my new car. Pioneer x930 bt Rockford t2500 bdcp 18" nightshade v1 DC audio 175.4 RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon) 3x XS power D2700's Knukonceptz 0awg all around
IG Hydrographics Posted August 5, 2013 Report Posted August 5, 2013 what type of car are you putting this in, and have you found the res. freq. of your car. if you want i can mock this up in winisd and see how it looks
JZeFF Posted August 6, 2013 Author Report Posted August 6, 2013 New car is a 2013 Hyundai veloster, I'm really not too concerned with getting crazy numbers out of it I just want to know if my numbers look okay and the box should sound alright. Port volume/port area/ port area per foot, etc. Those are the numbers I'm not super familiar with.Thanks Also, i had one of the engineers at my company build a box for me in Solid Works, haha. It looks pretty, but i just don't know if my numbers are correct, Pioneer x930 bt Rockford t2500 bdcp 18" nightshade v1 DC audio 175.4 RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon) 3x XS power D2700's Knukonceptz 0awg all around
JZeFF Posted August 7, 2013 Author Report Posted August 7, 2013 If i said i will be building it using Poplar hardwood, would it stir up enough interest to get a few responses? haha I'm 99% sure it all looks good according to Sundown's specs. Probably not perfect, but good.Just wanted to get some feedback before i build it. Pioneer x930 bt Rockford t2500 bdcp 18" nightshade v1 DC audio 175.4 RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon) 3x XS power D2700's Knukonceptz 0awg all around
Joe X Posted August 7, 2013 Report Posted August 7, 2013 It looks good JZeFF, next time put the poplar wood thing in the title I guess.
JZeFF Posted August 7, 2013 Author Report Posted August 7, 2013 It looks good JZeFF, next time put the poplar wood thing in the title I guess. Thanks for the reply. I think this section is just so crammed with posts like "First box, for mah subzzzz, look good?" that people get sick of looking in here, haha. Pioneer x930 bt Rockford t2500 bdcp 18" nightshade v1 DC audio 175.4 RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon) 3x XS power D2700's Knukonceptz 0awg all around
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.