[email protected] Posted August 6, 2013 Report Posted August 6, 2013 Hello ! I have just bought single Alpine SWR-12D4 sub with Alpine PDX-M6 amp... And here is the problem - I've already tried different types of calculators, such as Torres old and new version, WinISD, BassBox 6 Pro, RE Audio calculator, to design proper enclosure. But every time I get different results... And there is another problem. Recommended enclosure size Alpine has given for this sub in Product catalogue 2013 - 2014 and sub's user manual are different. So I am a bit confused which data must be used to make proper enclosure. For example - in users manual recommended volume range is 1,0 - 1,5 ft3 but in product catalogue recommended vented box volume is 53,8 liters ~ 1,9 ft3... So I thought maybe you could help me with this enclosure. I would be very thankful if someone could design L-type vented enclosure for my sub... It is a lot easier for you to do that because you have already designed many enclosures... Available max dimensions - H = 17; W = 25; D = 17. Tuning 32 - 34 Hz It will be used in VW Golf MK4 Thank you. P.S. - I am sorry for grammatical mistakes. English is not my native language so I hope you understood everything I wanted to tell you...
Joe X Posted August 6, 2013 Report Posted August 6, 2013 That catalog if I am not mistaken lists the SWR-1243 ( 4th generation ) instead of the SWR-12D4 ( 5th generation ) that you have, therefore it's 1.5 cubic feet net.
Joe X Posted August 6, 2013 Report Posted August 6, 2013 Anyways, in the following situation Torres is accurate: Dismiss bracing. Port parts as follows: Top to Bottom: 10 3/4" x 12 1/2"Extension: 18" x 12 1/2"
kr0nic Posted August 6, 2013 Report Posted August 6, 2013 iv got the same sub with basically the same box you need a bigger port , iv got 2 inch by 11.5 and its to small , i get a bit of port noise not bad but a little my box is tuned 2 , 29hz and is 28 inches/16/13 with a 2 inch port if i was to do it again id do a 3 inch port, mines a single baffle it seems to hold together fine ,im running 800-1000w rms ,nice and loud, better lows than a sealed box not bad for a single 12
[email protected] Posted August 6, 2013 Author Report Posted August 6, 2013 Anyways, in the following situation Torres is accurate: Dismiss bracing. Port parts as follows: Top to Bottom: 10 3/4" x 12 1/2" Extension: 18" x 12 1/2" Thanks for design... I thought I could make an experiment and I dropped your dimensions in torres on my computer... Here is what I got - Old version: New version: Do you think that extra baffle is necessary???
[email protected] Posted August 6, 2013 Author Report Posted August 6, 2013 One more question... If I am using Joe X offered box design, in which position I should put subsonic filter - OFF; 15 Hz or 30 Hz ??? Thanks
Joe X Posted August 6, 2013 Report Posted August 6, 2013 The double baffle is not strictly necessary but recommended, I would do the bracing at least. Subsonic filter to 28Hz, you are only running 600W on a 1K sub, there should be no issues, check your electrical and set your gains properly just in case. Really weird what the calculator is doing in your computer, in any case I know the above is correct as I have double checked it by other means. Edit: try a .net framework reinstall.
[email protected] Posted August 7, 2013 Author Report Posted August 7, 2013 Thanks for info... this weekend I will try to build this enclosure.
[email protected] Posted August 24, 2013 Author Report Posted August 24, 2013 So here is the final result... Thanks everyone for help...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.