Changing HVAC Controls

I asked a few questions about this before but it was in another thread and since i already thread jacked enough thought i would make my own :D anyway heres a link to the first one for refrence

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/forums/in...g22601#msg22601

i was wondering if by chance anyone has ever delt with hvac controls or know a lilt more info on them... I have a cobalt SS Supercharged and i want to replace my hvac with the SSR controls.. Ive done a little research on the external connectors and i was able to get pics and functions of all the pins and all for both the ssr and cobalt... It sounds easy to me since ive read up so much on stereo installs and such but im not sure if its the same type of thing...

Anyway The connectors are completely different and all so Im thinking i would be able to cut the old connectors off and repin the new connectors on and it should work right?

Since its a brand new car id prefer not to do any cutting so Im looking at other options such as taking out the internal connector from the cobalt controls and doing a repin on that to connect correctly to the ssr external connector. Would that work like i think it will? (never seen inside a hvac controller)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Archived