Second Skin Audio

re xxx blown!??

BiiiGWaves

I've been running an RE SRX 15 (~400 watts rms) on 1000 watts for about three weeks and haven't had so much as a whine out of it.

You got gains set correctly? Bass boost? Loudness? What kind of electrical? Box specs?

I play whatever is in my truck at any given time (changes often) as loud as I can play it, so I'm wondering if you have another problem going on.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

the loudness on my amp is just before the halfway mark. bass boost is at zero.

I've been running an RE SRX 15 (~400 watts rms) on 1000 watts for about three weeks and haven't had so much as a whine out of it.

You got gains set correctly? Bass boost? Loudness? What kind of electrical? Box specs?

I play whatever is in my truck at any given time (changes often) as loud as I can play it, so I'm wondering if you have another problem going on.

seriously, whats so hard about learning to quote text correctly?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

That your gain is only half way up means it could still be set far too high. If you have a head unit with a high preamp output voltage, the gain my only need to be turned 5º.

Gains aren't volume controls, they are voltage matching pots. Did you set the gain with a scope, a DD-1 or a volt meter?

Ive never used any of that. so I probably did set it too high

That your gain is only half way up means it could still be set far too high. If you have a head unit with a high preamp output voltage, the gain my only need to be turned 5º.

Gains aren't volume controls, they are voltage matching pots. Did you set the gain with a scope, a DD-1 or a volt meter?

You probably burnt the coil then. Set your meter to ohms and read the voice coil. If you have a broken probe on the meter, you can strip the wire it was attached to and use the bare wire as a probe.

Also, if you have another speaker laying around, you can connect it to the amp and see if it plays... at low volume, of course. That will also eliminate the amplifier as the problem if the other driver plays.

I used the multi meter and the coil seems fine. it was reading 3.5-3.7 and it's a 4ohm coil. so it must be the burn on the spider. either way im f*****

You probably burnt the coil then. Set your meter to ohms and read the voice coil. If you have a broken probe on the meter, you can strip the wire it was attached to and use the bare wire as a probe.

Also, if you have another speaker laying around, you can connect it to the amp and see if it plays... at low volume, of course. That will also eliminate the amplifier as the problem if the other driver plays.

Archived