Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

re xxx blown!??


BiiiGWaves

Recommended Posts

Posted

so I was playing my sub and out of nowhere it stopped... the amp stayed on and the protect light was not on so im assuming it's the sub. I pulled it out of the box and everything looked fine, all wiring was OK. I have a volt meter but the negative terminal fell off so idk how to see if the coil is ok. any ideas? I really hate not having any bass in my car!

Posted

New style or old?

How much power on it?

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Posted

I cant say for sure, but it seems to be the style before their latest version. it was wired down to about 1.5ohms so any where from 1800 to 2200 rms

New style or old?

How much power on it?

Posted

9 volt battery to check coils.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Posted

ok so i got it to work one time so far with the 9 volt. it made a crackling noise and pushed up from what i saw. it only worked that one time though. idk why

yes use the wires that go to your amp,your subs should pop out if polarity is same and suck in if not

Posted

The new style does not have very heavy leads on it. My best friend has one sitting in his living room as a paper weight. Killed the leads on 1500 watts of clean power. It is $$$$ to get them reconed with shipping and RE will not sell a kit. PSi will recone it for a little less, but it is not like original.

If it is an old style, you can recone it yourself. . .kits are available from Fi.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Posted

I found a recone kit for $170 but I think I'll just sell whats left because ive never reconed anything and I dont think this would be a great sub to practice with

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 847 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...