jmfrb1 Posted August 13, 2013 Report Posted August 13, 2013 I haven't yet attempted to try using PVC pipe as a round port yet. I was wondering if an elbow pipe would work as good as a straight piece for my port?
stroupe79 Posted August 13, 2013 Report Posted August 13, 2013 elbows work, I mean they have elbows for Precision/Dayton Ports so I don't see why they wouldn't be fine with PVC.... http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=268-334 http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/ 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Alpine CDE-hd148bt Alpine PKG-RSE2 PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors Kicker KX350.4 Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2 revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2DC Audio 1.2k5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar AudioTechnix 60mil deadenerKnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)
jmfrb1 Posted August 13, 2013 Author Report Posted August 13, 2013 elbows work, I mean they have elbows for Precision/Dayton Ports so I don't see why they wouldn't be fine with PVC.... http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=268-334 Just wanting to do a little research before wasting all the time n material n finding out it sounds like shit
robby512 Posted August 14, 2013 Report Posted August 14, 2013 Yes all that matters is total length of port is right no matter if the port hangs out 5 inches or turn 90 degres just make sure you get the port size right and just a decent thickness of PVC/ pipe can't use something paper thin obviously
jmfrb1 Posted August 15, 2013 Author Report Posted August 15, 2013 Yes all that matters is total length of port is right no matter if the port hangs out 5 inches or turn 90 degres just make sure you get the port size right and just a decent thickness of PVC/ pipe can't use something paper thin obviouslyYes I'd definitely use right diameter and length. Sweet this just made my build a bit easier with the available space I have.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.