Second Skin Audio

Slot Port Location: Bottom of enclosure?

lamsv

I'm currently brain storming how to build a vented enclosure with a slot port. One catch: I want the back of the box to angle to match the back seat of my car. This has proved harder to wrap my head around than I thought. Originally, I thought of wrapping the port along one side, then angle to match the back of the box. One problem: The height of the port along the side will be shorter than the height of the port along the back of the box. (See attached image below). I'm afraid that this bottle necking of the port will not be condusive for a proper port design.

SlotPortSide_zps0308a12b.jpg

My second idea was to have the port be at the bottomo of the box. (See attached image below) I researched this slot port configuration, but can not find any information if this location will work, and if so, if it is designed any differently than a regular port.

SlotPortSlantedEnclosure_zpsf865843f.jpg

Thoughts? Worst come to worse, I can snake a traditional round port into the box. I was just wondering if there was any way to add a slotted port in an easy manner to a angled enclosure.

Archived