UBL: Lbox88's 2009 Equinox

Did a little work on the car. Put these on

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

Also looked underneath the car to try to figure out my turn signal problem. Here's what I found:

IMG_3126.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

Took apart the connectors one by one and cleaned them up with a screwdriver and some sand paper. Then put this on to protect the connection

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

Took it for a drive and it turns out I didn't fix it. So, idk where to go on that. It's not like it's a lot of wire or hard to replace, so I could rewire it if it's a problem with that harness. Gonna take off the light up hitch cover I have just to try to rule that out as a possible problem and go from there I guess.

So, just found this out. There is a connector in this model of equinox for "just in case" you want to tow something. You just need 2 relays and a harness. Where is this "JIC" connector you ask? Why, just inside the car of course, right underneath the jack stand :jon:

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3137.jpg

So I gotta strip out the garbage someone else put in, repair the wires, and then get a hold of this harness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-RnIkJUhWQ

Took apart the passenger tail light and ripped the ghetto ass wiring off. The splice crimp cut in pretty deep, so I cut the wires where the splice had cut in, stripped, soldered, and heatshrinked the wires. Need to pull the passenger side too, I think there is probably one wire over there for the harness.

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3142.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

IMG_3144.jpg

Need to finish this all up so that I can clean my work counter. Gettin more and more messy, but there's no point in putting a bunch of tools away that I'll probably need.

IMG_3145.jpg

Took apart the rear driver tail light and it was as I expected. There was one splice crimp for the trailer harness. Took it off, soldered the wire, heatshrink, doped the connection, and reassembled. So far, my right tail light seems to be doing fine now, so I'm assuming at this point that the the splice cut too much of the wire, which corroded, and I was getting a bad connection. Going to swing by Advance Auto Parts to see about getting the right trailer harness, made for this car.

IMG_3152.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

So then I took the passenger front door apart and started getting it ready for the new speakers and second skin. Will be weird for a bit, right now I will only have audio coming out of the driver front door until I get the amp hooked up.

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

IMG_3150.jpg

Found this after pulling the panel off. ewww.

IMG_3156.jpg

Made my ring adapters out of 3/4 MDF this time, had to grind a groove where the screw goes to hold the ring on since it is too long for the screws.

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3158.jpg

I fawking told you about the harness bullshit back there lol. Glad you decided to rip it out and take a stab at repairing it! Hopefully it does the job for you!

Oh it's all repaired now, soldered and heat shrink ftw. If it goes bad again, I at least will know it's either the bulb or somewhere else in the wiring lol.

Anywho...... PASSENGER FRONT DOOR IS DONE!!!! I'm just going to post the pics this time, don't think they need much explaining unless it was a shitty part.

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg

IMG_3162.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

So I may have overestimated how much I was gonna get done tonight after realizing other things I had to do around the house tonight. Anyways, got all the power and ground wire cut, amps repositioned and mounted. Only grabbed a couple of pics, was trying to get as much done as possible.

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

Busted out the DD1 after I finished mounting and wiring everything. Just need to finish the last door. Sounds much better now and I believe I was clipping the shit out of the subs. They barely get warm before now, need to mash on them for a while and then see how warm they get. My guess is not much.

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3192.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg

IMG_3194.jpg

I stopped trying to clean up the wiring because I realized as I tried to put the seats up, the wires pressed against the bar on the back of the seat. So later when I go to tear into the last door, I'll also have to move the amps up higher on the seat back so it doesn't hit.

Archived