UBL: Lbox88's 2009 Equinox

New design. Little less port, little bit lower tuning, only a single baffle instead of a double baffle this time too, all allowing me to shorten my box down a little bit and try to get a little closer to window line so I won't count as super street no wall if I decided to compete at some point. I may try to Frankenstein the existing box since I have enough spare wood to make these changes if I salvage the bottom, back, and two sides.

2ndDCBuildBox.jpg

Made up a Google Sketchup, will be tight still but should be good. Now to get the time to work on it...... yeah, we'll see.

2ndDCBuildBoxGS.jpg

Got a lil work done.

DSCF1149.jpg

DSCF1150.jpg

DSCF1151.jpg

I hadn't realized when I got my MDF from Lowes, that one corner was jacked and looked like it had been dropped.

DSCF1152.jpg

DSCF1153.jpg

DSCF1154.jpg

car was on the charger, noticed it got to max charge

DSCF1155.jpg

took the box outside to do some cutting, the new design calls for a couple of inches shorter, which works out nicely since I damaged the box a little bit getting the top baffle off.

DSCF1158.jpg

DSCF1159.jpg

DSCF1160.jpg

Putting the new parts together

DSCF1161.jpg

Since the port used to be on the left side, I had rounded off part of it a little bit to try to help get better air flow through the port. After I added the new front wall piece, I filled that area in with some wood filler.

DSCF1162.jpg

Tomorrow I will have a little bit more cutting and a lot of sanding to get to. I hope to have it done by this weekend hopefully before the wife and I take off for a mini vacation and head out to work sites after that.

After many, many, failed attempts at putting a 45 on several pieces of MDF, I gave up.

DSCF1170.jpg

Just went out and got some crown molding to do the hump in the middle.

DSCF1171.jpg

I also cut out the baffle, but evidently, didn't take any pics. Gotta do some sanding later tonight, and will take a picture then.

Did a little bit more work, need to pick up some more shit. I think I am going to get this running before my travel starting next week and worry about upholstering it in between my projects after this upcoming 3 week span ends and the one in October.

DSCF1172.jpg

DSCF1173.jpg

Cutting it close lol

DSCF1174.jpg

Test fit the subs, each one has about 1/8" of play so the subs can wiggle a little bit, so that's good.

DSCF1175.jpg

Gonna try to finish up the little things tomorrow night and see if I can't get it in tomorrow.

I was trying to use a battery powered circular saw, with a 5" blade. Bitch wandered all over the damn place lol. Anywho, all corners have 45's now, doubt it will make much difference though.

DSCF1176.jpg

Put the top on with a nice bead of glue and letting it sit out to dry now.

DSCF1177.jpg

Holes are already drilled in the back, need to:

-make up one more set of wires to go to the passenger side sub
-mount/wire subs in box
-remove to get the box in
-wire up to amp

I am really trying to getting it in and playing tonight.

Archived