Jump to content

UBL: Lbox88's 2009 Equinox


Recommended Posts

Posted

Laying some more filler just so that every seam will be completely smooth before I paint.

IMG_20150421_224827977_zpsofp6h5nf.jpg

IMG_20150421_224832965_zpsdfssbc16.jpg

IMG_20150421_224839783_zpscjtdkt7m.jpg

Also getting the amp placement ready, drilled some holes to mount but waiting til daylight to actually mount it so I don't wake up the kid. Getting some wire ready and dug out the 1/0 inputs so I can just pop them in and out of the amp.

IMG_20150421_234726537_zps8cx4k1qq.jpg

IMG_20150421_234821496_zps9okhqllw.jpg

IMG_20150421_234835315_zpstzzetjbd.jpg

IMG_20150421_234854697_zpsr68olzyz.jpg

And after holding the amp up, I decided I wanted to add a little more stability to the bat box frame, so getting some wood ready to cut to put here on the sides.

IMG_20150421_234948203_zpsvvqw038g.jpg

IMG_20150421_235002608_zpsrj8dtxd3.jpg

Posted

Stiffening up the frame, should help a bit but it was fair to begin with.

IMG_20150422_205012090_zpsqjwsknbu.jpg

IMG_20150422_214019928_zpsoxlzrvry.jpg

IMG_20150422_215937834_zps46itknku.jpg

Cheap fuse holders FTL, little modification to make the new 1/0 lugs fit.

IMG_20150422_235651342_zpsrierqkhv.jpg

IMG_20150422_235708838_zpsezhjfhky.jpg

Mounted the amp, and getting wire cut up and lugs crimped on.

IMG_20150423_240423185_zpsxfj6tjty.jpg

IMG_20150423_241841952_zpsjegvuanw.jpg

Sanded down the front and sides of the box smooth, little filler on the back to even out.

IMG_20150423_242137989_zpsygmdzrp9.jpg

Posted

Little more work done tonight. Sanded the last bit of the box, should be picking up the roundover bits and paint tomorrow.

IMG_20150423_222924333_zpsifo1qffg.jpg

Wired up the amp for power and ground using the 1/0 to 1/0 reducers and heat shrink, but leaving the remote off for now since I won't be using it.

IMG_20150423_225555772_zpsszxryy7i.jpg

IMG_20150423_225655232_zpsrbkneazc.jpg

IMG_20150423_230148719_zpsv84wvs1v.jpg

IMG_20150423_230958821_zpsbfjc6pwc.jpg

IMG_20150423_231009988_zps2jhbwqdb.jpg

IMG_20150423_231215100_zps32tdoeyh.jpg

Tossed the box in to see how it fits and start making a template for the top piece.

IMG_20150423_231653346_zps94otbg2b.jpg

IMG_20150423_231731745_zpsys1h63zv.jpg

Not much room.

IMG_20150423_231756985_zpseosaiqmo.jpg

IMG_20150423_234620482_zpsgbpvjfbu.jpg

Posted

Had the top panel template ~95% there, decided I was going to transfer it over to wood and sketch the corrections in with a pencil and found this.

IMG_20150426_220530019_zpsj61yyfzk.jpg

Went a little ghetto rather than buy a new sheet, and sliced a few inches off the top to do this.

IMG_20150428_224756772_zpskq1qu5re.jpg

IMG_20150428_225235344_zpsoypbz6ni.jpg

IMG_20150428_225416376_zps3mljsviz.jpg

Used a fair amount of glue in there too to keep it together, but my template fits now.

IMG_20150428_225504904_zpswntspgrd.jpg

After I traced and made a few modifications to it, decided to toss the strap on there to hold it tight and let the glue set well overnight.

IMG_20150428_230457432_zpscjucrydd.jpg

Posted

I have been laaaaaaazy the last week, passing out on the couch or in the chair like an old man and not getting work done. I cut out the form last week and yesterday tried to get it in the back, but i wouldn't fit. Where it's built to go in, is the widest area so it won't slide in through the back, can't put one end in first and turn it, can't come in at an angle, etc. So I had to cut it in half, will just have a seam in it but ill make it a lot easier to put in and take out if I need to work on it. Otherwise, it fits pretty dang close to how I want it, just the right side needs a little more trimming and sanding so I don't have any areas that rub.

IMG_20150504_194153844_zps2wv32y9u.jpg

Posted

Little more work tonight.

IMG_20150505_221637694_zpspvlmbssp.jpg

Anything look a little funny on this one?

IMG_20150505_221956142_zpsjsepxrty.jpg

Like a big gaping hole on the right side? Yeah, so I made some of my templates at night and IDK what happened here but that wasn't going to do. Pulled the screws, knocked the board off since the glue hadn't cured yet and made a new template to cut out tomorrow in the daylight.

Meanwhile I started filling the holes and covering seams on the left side.

IMG_20150505_224400059_zpsfp9ogkuj.jpg

Posted

Sanded the left side, cut/glued/screwed/filled the right side, and tossed both in back because it's going to be hot tomorrow and the filler should bake hard nice and slow all day.

IMG_20150506_234155339_zpsa0hvxyxf.jpg

IMG_20150506_235056451_zpspqxzgpfm.jpg

IMG_20150506_235738070_zpsf226opde.jpg

IMG_20150507_240017389_zps6xrdegtn.jpg

Posted

Few updates, subs are here, rounded over the port and the top/front edge of the beauty panel, getting all the wires cut and ring terminals crimped for the sib connections.

IMG_20150508_145544373_zpstuiwqpb6.jpg

IMG_20150508_210848013_zpszzrxal4v.jpg

IMG_20150508_195214189_zpstrqknkux.jpg

IMG_20150509_123910760_zpsmioxpn4b.jpg

IMG_20150509_212246888_zpsck4viyjg.jpg

IMG_20150509_212253072_zpslomuhhyj.jpg

IMG_20150509_223345239_zpsy3c0bhj4.jpg

Posted

Port painted, used a black latex that's meant to fill in and cover anything basically, fairly thick stuff covered everything up nicely.

IMG_20150510_221319367_zpseyalu57l.jpg

Getting everything ready to hit with the Rustoleum bedliner.

IMG_20150510_221351753_zpsgpoayrun.jpg

Wanted to heat up the garage and help dry it out, so cranked this up and turned the place into a sweat shop.

IMG_20150510_221357709_zpsgrmrchct.jpg

Aaaaand first coat done, now to wait a couple hours and hit it with coat two. Hopefully the second coat goes on better, but first oat of this stuff I really had to slather it on to make it noticeable, it's really runny stuff and soaked in real quick.

IMG_20150510_224902070_zpsrbbk09ry.jpg

Posted

2nd coat is on and I'm feeling a bit better about it. There still might be some trouble spots, but going to try to take care of those with just the brush as the roller and pan are toast.

IMG_20150511_010647213_zpsbbbaiawb.jpg

IMG_20150511_010702596_zpssbx13avt.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3098 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...