Hey Polecat, Why No Really High Performance Round Woofers?

thats what i was thinkin, but worth a shot to see em made? what u think bout square vc for the l5's and l7's?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

square only goes so far

i think that square can work for midbass drivers

but not tweets and mids

or voicecoils

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

it could cause problems like bending or folding under pressure

whereas a circle has no pressure points and its evenly dispersed.

its simple physics

circles and spheres are incredibly strong and they are the better choice for a voicecoil

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

wow...............

Ok, there is no x15 for street classes, Street A and B, is either 10's or 12's, anything higher, SS or extreme classes, X18

as far as round, well we feel if you can stick a monster round 18" in there, you can have a monster X18 in there and gain even more cone area.

Building a high powered street round woofer, CVX is like the L7, but round. And works in a small sealed enclosure, if SQ is your passion.

But if we built <again> built a round 18", with huge motor, etc...then we could spend literally thousands and thousands of dollars in tooling, etc to sell, what, maybe 200 a year?

Now, sure, you can say "sure, spend $10K on tooling, sell 200 at $300 and there's your profit"...

not really. Some things, when you build, and own tooling like most larger manufactures do, can cost well into $100,000, and up. So then you add $150 building a sub you sell fro $300. Price points are lowered because of the flood of this market nowdays. You maybe make $150, but I bet it's much lower.

You may see a TON of these HUGE honking 18's, 10's or 12's, all over, but honestly, they don't sell as much as you think. We on car audio forums, are the verrrrrry small portion of population buying car audio. Most 'average' people trading up in sound, don't want 10,000 watts and a woofer that weights 130 lbs.

Could we build for the elite and compete with these others,sure. But the 'streebale' L7, CVX, CVR sell more to the population, than the smaller SPL elites. But, in many instances, they hold their own fairly well.

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

Square voice coils are just retarded as all hell. Keep the strong circle voice coil and a square cone for more cone area. I agree with the whole 15" thing. No need for it. I see more 12"s and 18"s anyway. Ill see just about as many 8" and 10"s as I do 15"s now a days. I personally have my favorites of 12"s and 18"s. But looks like im not the only one.

Square mids i dont see a point in either but to maybe looks. Factory speakers come as circles. Lots of mods to get them into the doors then. Me personally i wouldent find a need for them either because im looking for clarity on vocals that get loud. Not looking for bass to come out of my doors speakers. Thats how i feel on it.

wow...............

Ok, there is no x15 for street classes, Street A and B, is either 10's or 12's, anything higher, SS or extreme classes, X18

as far as round, well we feel if you can stick a monster round 18" in there, you can have a monster X18 in there and gain even more cone area.

Building a high powered street round woofer, CVX is like the L7, but round. And works in a small sealed enclosure, if SQ is your passion.

But if we built <again> built a round 18", with huge motor, etc...then we could spend literally thousands and thousands of dollars in tooling, etc to sell, what, maybe 200 a year?

Now, sure, you can say "sure, spend $10K on tooling, sell 200 at $300 and there's your profit"...

not really. Some things, when you build, and own tooling like most larger manufactures do, can cost well into $100,000, and up. So then you add $150 building a sub you sell fro $300. Price points are lowered because of the flood of this market nowdays. You maybe make $150, but I bet it's much lower.

You may see a TON of these HUGE honking 18's, 10's or 12's, all over, but honestly, they don't sell as much as you think. We on car audio forums, are the verrrrrry small portion of population buying car audio. Most 'average' people trading up in sound, don't want 10,000 watts and a woofer that weights 130 lbs.

Could we build for the elite and compete with these others,sure. But the 'streebale' L7, CVX, CVR sell more to the population, than the smaller SPL elites. But, in many instances, they hold their own fairly well.

i guess i understand the money issue and ur point about square vs. round

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz