Need help on my 1958 GMC Step SiDe

I am brand new to this forum well I just purchased a 1958 GMC Short Bed Step Side I'm from Salinas, California and

I want to install a stereo system on it but don't want to alter the interior a whole lot

I just bought a clarion head unit clarion eq I want to keep the blue theme going since truck will be painted turquoise with white top

I am going to install the H.U. In the dash since there is a cut out already I would not have done that but o h well it's cut already

Definitely going to be doing the kick panels with Rockford Fosgate 6.5 components on a Stetsom Vulcan amp

Stetsom is some good stuff they have killer amps check out the Stetsom 14k2 the amps are either going to be behind the seat or underneath it..... Depending where the subs go

This is where I need your help where should I put my subs I really want to but some SMD 18 inch subs in there but there is no room and I really don't want to cut it help me out what would you do if this was your build. Thanks to Steve Meade I admire your work I do custom poker tables and will be taking one to your shop for you to enjoy In the near future.....on the real we''ll play cards and drink it up.... Having problems posting pics how do you do it. I hit the preview maybe there was something in there to do it but no luck need help there too and general help to master this forum.....Thanks to all enjoy your build....God Bless.....

How do you do it I've been trying to figure it out for an hour now no luck I am using an iPad can someone give me general instructions on how to post pics I tried copy and paste but no luck can someone give me general instructions on how to do it so I can post the first pics of truck thanks for the patience

I think I go it some of the pictures came out small I think I know why is there a better way of uploading pics to the forum I will be posting more pics tomorrow when I start on the head unit EQ and some of the wiring a lot of it lol anyhow all your ideas will help I like to hear ideas from other people it gives you othe avenues on doing your work differently It gets old using your same techniques and shopping around for gear in your local shops I'm tired of that I know I'm going to get my wiring from Sky High, terminals from Mechman let's not forget the alt, when you go to the shops around town it's all the same shit and they say its the best around and it sounds like shit I found some cool subwoofers rated at 9,000 watts check them out on spaudio.net they are made in Italy nice nice shit but I am not going to be using these on the truck ima try the SMD since I have had the mayhem and havocs before well throw some ideas out there more pics coming soon

To post pics, you will go to the picture you want and select IMG tag

and that will allow you to have the picture IN here for all to see. Good looking truck, I like those big back window trucks. Is this one an Apache?

As far as subs go, you are NOT going to fit anything very big in the cabin. You will likely only have room for a couple of 10s or 12s depending on measurements you're going to give us in order to help you. Measure width across the cab, height to wherever you want(probably staying below the window line) and top depth, followed by bottom depth(since you'll need to do a wedge style box)

How many systems have you done before?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived