Sundown Audio

Kicker ZXS1500.1

shogen

So, I'm looking to pick this amp up from a buddy... wanting some opinions on whether it'd be a good investment...

***Consider this before posting, I'm not looking for other amp suggestions or what I can get that's better for the money... Just wondering if it could fit my install and possibly if I change it up a bit***

So, the amp puts out 1500 at 2 ohms... fixed SSF at 25hz @ 24db slope

Currently have a 15" Xcon in a sealed enclosure ...

Might look into porting it though.. Would I have to then tune closer to that SSF or would tuning at 32hz be fine??? I don't know if I'm going ported yet of how far out that possibility is but its in the plans at some point....

I could tune to 28hz lets say.... would I be fine to do so with that amp? I know it'll effect my range a bit but that is okay

What do you all think???

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

bumpity pwease

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

First what is the impedence of your coils on your sub? And for the ssf I have mine set at 28hz for a 36hz tuned box so it should be fine at 32hz if you want to tune that low.

Edit: also how much are you picking it up for .

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

the SSF is just for your protection against the lower frequencies. in this case the amplifier will decrease the output on frequencies lower than 25hz. so it doesn't matter if you tune to 32 or 28, just don't tune below 28 because you will only be able to play down to 25 or so and that would give you little range. tuning at 32hz would be fine because you won't be able to play much below 25hz anyways (in some case you can but it depends on the car and setup)

Edit : this amp will be fine if you don't plan on tuning below 30hz. and how much are they asking for it?

2000 Dodge Durango

Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's

Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port

Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm

Mids + Highs - PRV Audio

Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4

Headunit - Alpine CDE-100

Equalizer - Clarion EQS746

Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah

Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0

Alternator - Singer 250A

147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash

147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos

SKAR_468x60.jpgDD-1.jpg

thanks fellas... yea I kinda figured... my Xcon will be wired at 2 ohms.... never anything else.... $200 or around there he doesn't want to charge me alot since he apparently got a sweeter deal for something else....

First what is the impedence of your coils on your sub? And for the ssf I have mine set at 28hz for a 36hz tuned box so it should be fine at 32hz if you want to tune that low.
Edit: also how much are you picking it up for .

the SSF is just for your protection against the lower frequencies. in this case the amplifier will decrease the output on frequencies lower than 25hz. so it doesn't matter if you tune to 32 or 28, just don't tune below 28 because you will only be able to play down to 25 or so and that would give you little range. tuning at 32hz would be fine because you won't be able to play much below 25hz anyways (in some case you can but it depends on the car and setup)

Edit : this amp will be fine if you don't plan on tuning below 30hz. and how much are they asking for it?

anyone else???

I say go for it. $200 for a $600 amp is not bad at all, and if you end up not liking it or just want something different then you could probably sell it for a profit.

2000 Dodge Durango

Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's

Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port

Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm

Mids + Highs - PRV Audio

Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4

Headunit - Alpine CDE-100

Equalizer - Clarion EQS746

Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah

Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0

Alternator - Singer 250A

147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash

147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos

SKAR_468x60.jpgDD-1.jpg

He actually just text me... $250.... need to sell my previous pioneer hu, rf t500 and jl 500/1 first... maybe even my p880 hu

I say go for it. $200 for a $600 amp is not bad at all, and if you end up not liking it or just want something different then you could probably sell it for a profit.

and now the waiting game... he's waiting on his new purchase... I'm waiting on selling my stuff.... he's waiting on me to buy the kicker.. FML ... I guess I should list my items for sale first... lol

Archived