mist on the first coat (50% covered) next coat put down a little more heavy (about 70-75%) then last coat will cover the last of it and give that smooth finish
and let each coat dry for about 15-30 mins

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

I have used Plastdip a few times, I did 2 sets of wheels last Thursday. I found that thick coats help it lay smooth without the dimple/rough effect.

this is what i do a thin forst coat then the rest of the coats heavy and its smooth

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

mist on the first coat (50% covered) next coat put down a little more heavy (about 70-75%) then last coat will cover the last of it and give that smooth finish

and let each coat dry for about 15-30 mins

Thanks, Ill give that a shot. Its kind of what i tried the last time. Hope it helps. Also wondering if any of you have used it to cover led leads? I need to re wire some led's sometime and I just used heat shrink (not very effective lol) and thought this may work good. The leds shouldnt get so hot they melt the rubber as they are not used often and it is not drawing many mA.

I have used Plastdip a few times, I did 2 sets of wheels last Thursday. I found that thick coats help it lay smooth without the dimple/rough effect.

this is what i do a thin forst coat then the rest of the coats heavy and its smooth

Also tried this and it looks good when its first applied then when its dry it dimples. I was in my garage out of the sun doing it but it was prolly 85 out and high humidity which I think iirc affects the finish of it.

2017 Honda Accord Touring 

Build coming soon

Archived