Sundown Audio

So yesterday I told you guys I was getting something awesome...

TheMonolith2001

Am I going deaf or what? I decided to do a little test with some tones, I get out my dB meter and play a 30hz tone through an 80hz tone in 5hz increments and record the results, I didn't do it at full blast because my neighbor was outside but I did it at a decent volume and noted the volume level. Then I put the ZR1000 back in and do the same thing at the same volume level, I even double checked my gain with my oscope. At every single frequency I got a higher number on the dB meter with the PC21400. What the fuck?! So what is going on?

1. I am going deaf

2. There is still a subsonic filter, but it is somewhere below 30hz and that is what my ears are listening for (Doesn't match what I found earlier with the song though)

3. From playing the tones on the first amp, it drained the battery enough that the second amp wasn't getting as much power, possibly from starting the car again too. Drive around some and repeat test

4. Even though I used the same volume level, I should be doing this at full blast because maybe one amp is more efficient and one of them is drawing more power than the other to do the same tone causing voltage to drop more and possibly idle power isn't enough.

5. This whole test is stupid and doesn't mean anything

Archived