do i need more than 8 channels for

Ive done alot of research on the 3.sixty.3 ..I have one but still havent put it in but I can tell you what I have learned. Its a sound processor the takes you signal from analog to digital. It also is a line driver by changing your rca output voltage to a higher voltage..it is also an active crossover with over 30 bands of eq per channel . It has 8 channels 2 for front. 2 for rear 2 for sub and 2 for aux.. the biggest thing about going active is crossover points and time alignment. Depending on the distance between the driver(speaker/tweeter) and the listener (driver/passenger) in the car the sound will arrive at the ear at different times. Time alignment allows all the drivers sound output to arrive to the ear at the same time. Crossover points allow you to feed different frequency ranges to different drivers depending on the size an type of driver you want to use.. so if you are running two como sets (4tweets & 4 mids) it would be ideal to have 8 channels in order to control each speaker independently. But it is not mandatory..you can run 4 channels and use the passive crossovers included with your comp sets to keep only 4 channels but then you lose the ability to actively control each speaker /tweeter independently. If you already have the 360 thats cool but if you dont then maybe you should figure out exactly what u want and see if it would be the right thing to even buy. It is expensive and you could get both a processor and a crossover from different brands for the same in not just a little bit extra money. And most people do say tweets in the rear are not ideal for the sound stage..but that doesnt mean you cant do it if u want to. But just know for you to use the 360 to its full potential you do need 8 channels for the amount of speakers you want to put in. By wiring speakers in parallel you loose time alignment. If you dont want to do that then theres no shame in just using passives with your amp you will still get good sound as long as you set your amp up right.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Archived