do i need more than 8 channels for

I want to run 2 sets of 6.5 components probably the re xxx 6.5s with my jvc double din and the 3sixy.3 so far I know when you run active each speakers gets its own channel so 8 speakers in doors 8 channels but I still want subs and maybe a good 8 inch sub. I read somewhere 2 sets of components in front and back messes up time delay but I don't know. It seems like I need more channels how would you guys work this

I read somewhere 2 sets of components in front and back messes up time delay but I don't know. It seems like I need more channels how would you guys work this

seems like you need to learn alot more about time alignment and active setup BEFORE you try and go active ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I'm not the best one to say resourceful info around here, but I'm pretty sure you're gonna have to wire in series/parallel and make sure your ohms are correct so you only have to use one amp. Your 360.3 is linked up with your amp, then from there you can adjust each speaker, but when you do, the ones you have in series together will act as A single speaker.
I could be wrong, but I'm just trying to piece together what you're tryna figure out.

you're gonna have to wire in series/parallel and make sure your ohms are correct so you only have to use one amp. Your 360.3 is linked up with your amp, then from there you can adjust each speaker, but when you do, the ones you have in series together will act as A single speaker.

Me = confused now ... Going to go get the wife to re-read and translate to me in English ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

you're gonna have to wire in series/parallel and make sure your ohms are correct so you only have to use one amp. Your 360.3 is linked up with your amp, then from there you can adjust each speaker, but when you do, the ones you have in series together will act as A single speaker.

Me = confused now ... Going to go get the wife to re-read and translate to me in English ...

Like I said, I'm not the best one to give resourceful accurate info. I'm sure you know more(Sir Gibberish right here :( )

Edit; I need to read more of op comments, don't listen to me hahaha.

You don't have too. Depends on how much control you want over individual speakers. I have 6 speakers in my front doors (two 6.5s and a tweet in each door) and only 4 channels running them. The 2 6.5s in each door are running on the same amp channel. I can't tune each 6.5 individually but for me there is no reason too.

I wouldn't put front and rear speakers on the same channel however.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Like I said, I'm not the best one to give resourceful accurate info. I'm sure you know more(Sir Gibberish right here :( )

Edit; I need to read more of op comments, don't listen to me hahaha.

He's basically saying that if you have more then 1 speaker per channel, when you adjust that channel, you will be adjusting more then 1 speaker. I'm guessing he's making a suggestion on how to use 1 amp for multiple speakers per channel. Like I have 3, 2 ohm 6.5s per door so I wired each side in series to get 2, 6 ohm loads then ran my 2 separate 6 ohm loads in parallel to get a end load of 3 ohms. So, I have 6, 2 ohm mids bridged on channels 1&2 of my 200.4. This is far from practical for SQ, but it still sounds pretty good for my application and goals I had in mind.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

I guess maybe I'm not making thing very clear myself just to keep things short. I have 2 sets of components in my truck now I mean if you ever sat in a mega cab back seats are large. So I have a tweeter and mid in each rear door for fill. Well I'm getting a lot of advice on not putting tweeters in the back for soundstaging and such I know you can wire more speakers to a channel but to keep control of the front as well as the back tweeters I would need 8 channels unless I run a passive crossover on the rear components to make adjustments to the tweeter but then I would still need to setup the subwoofers off a channel. If I had a smaller truck I might not worry as much about any speakers in the back doors but who knows. I do my research when there is a lot of info on stuff but good some things you need to trial and error first hand and without some of these components its hard to know the direction things might take. I'm not too sure what else there is to know about active I think maybe I'm having problems with determining speaker choice in the rear and problems with what the 3sixty.3 can do for me.

Archived