Sundown Audio

seperate amps left and right channels

deadbroke

yeah im not really sure what he meant by crosstaIk never looked into it but I was more curious as to if it was something people did. i'm not really sure what I want to do with the system but i wanted to get the mounting locations setup and the wiring in place.

i have 2 sets of 6.5 components in my mega cab with one set in front doors and another set in the rear doors with focal crossovers powered by a t600-4.

i planned on having 2 sets of re xxx 6.5s ran by two t600-4 amps (one for left mids and highs and one for right mids and highs) and have my subs run off of a t4000 all processed with a 360.3. i have been told not to have tweeters in the rear doors but i wanted some kind of rear fill so i'm up in the air with that one. i'm open with suggestions i have a t4000 already and moved some seats around to put in a couple 18s but i want my mids and highs to keep up with the bass

Mine are passive, but just wanted to say the RE XXX 6.5's are badass. I also have the 6x9's but not installing until I move my box out of the trunk. Good stuff. The tweeters are much brighter than anything I've ran before.

And am I wrong, but instead of left/right, shouldn't it be easier for OP to split it up by going back to front instead? Then you'd have 2 of the same signal instead of a gain matching nightmare

Normally, When someone tries to use spearate amplifiers for the left and right sides ... They use a class d fullrange mono block amplifier for each driver in the system ... Meaning that if you have a 2 way active setup in your vehicle, you will need 4 separate amplifiers in your system ...

I've seen cases where some people have 2 separate 2 channel amplifiers to run 2 way active component sets for the front stage ...

This should not be a problem to do ... just alot more driver instalation application and tuning involved ...

plain and simple, if you have crosstalk in your amplifier, you have a problem with that amplifier ...

Most crosstalk happens when people have multiple drivers playing the same frequiencies in different locations in the vehicle without proper time alignment ...

Me personally ... I would rather have one amplifier playing left and right channels ...

But to answer your origional question ... It would all depend on your skill level when playing the car audio game ...

If you just want a system to have sound good while going down the road, I say use the amplifier for left and right channels ...

but if you are an audiophile technician that likes to experiment ... I say set it up with independant amplifiers for left and right channels and then come back here and tell us your thoughts on how it worked out ... we all would love to read about it !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived