Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

RE Audio Subwoofers


truthsayer

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone tried or know anyone using the new re audio subwoofers? I know for a few years back they were outsourcing some of their parts to china. But now the 2013 subs are all handmade in the USA. They look pretty sweet, but I was hopeing someone with personal experience could give their opinion.

truthsayer

Posted

Idk i wouldnt even recommend any RE. my friends RE cone just split one day it was a 10" and he took it to the shop and they said they didnt make it anymore and the sub just had an RE logo. No model or anything.

Go with a better company. i love my SoundQubed sub. you can tell those are made with some TLC.

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L

Flowmaster Single muffler + Tip

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

Posted

well I know from speaking with re audio. their products are all made at their plant in California. I thought they should be good subs since they were previously owned and designed, by the same person at fi audio.

truthsayer

Posted

They sound nice. Idk if it was an older model my friend had but it just fell apart after a few months. and he didnt go crazy with it, and never had anything capable of putting a hole in the center. but it just cracked, then sounded terrible.

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L

Flowmaster Single muffler + Tip

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

Posted

well I was looking to change my current sub set up. And it was either going to be RE or fi. I was just leaning towards RE because so many around here run fi. And I hate following the mainstream around here. The re looks rock solid and priced a little less than the fi's. The customer service is great, and they tell me if not a 100 percent satisfied they will give a full refund. also warranty seems to be good. And they appear to be rock solid and superior than their previous models. was just hopeing someone had tried their new line up of subs.

truthsayer

Posted

I haven't heard anything about them coming back to the US and I would have a hard time believing that they did. either way, I would bet money that the parts still come from asia and the california factory just glues them together.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

I recently wound up with a used SRX 15 that I built a factory spec ported box for and used in my truck while I played with some other speakers and boxes.

For a 400 watt speaker with 1000 watts hitting it daily, it held up remarkably well and didn't make the first unpleasant sound all the way up to the time when the coil melted in two. It was a clean burn, too. I couldn't see any burn marks on the former or anything...

In my opinion, that speaker could have handled 500 watts for a long, long time with no troubles whatever. It sounded really good also.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Posted

well I would hope they were not lying, and since they were the makers of us amps ( which used to be pretty good amps) and the research I have done outside speaking with RE. Sonic electronics confirms that all 2013 products are made in the US. I may just take the chance and try one the sx pro subs. Was realy hopeing someone had purchased some of their new line up.

truthsayer

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6054 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...