150 capable?

How are you designing your 4th? What sealed size are you shooting for and why?

I have a guy designing the shell with some awesome design software (autocad i think?) and then use winisd/torres for the port. Shooting for 8cbft sealed total, sundown says 4-6 sealed and im gonna be overpowering, and im getting a good f3 point with 8cbft. Best i can do ported is looking like 14cbft and gonna be tuned to 46-48

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

One of our guys had a dual 18 setup in a wall, on I think 2500. Did a 151 or 153.....I don't remember offhand, that was back when he was switching around amps every few months. I think he was doing that at 42hz on the kick and 47hz on the windshield.....maybe the other way around. Never did a headrest measurement though, which is odd for a demo vehicle, as that's where it counts.

Sponsored by:

Kenwood

Pioneer

Linear Power

YWS

LoCrew Customs

AirRide

SMC

Viair

Series-tuned 6th on 4.8kw @8ohms.

How are you designing your 4th? What sealed size are you shooting for and why?

I have a guy designing the shell with some awesome design software (autocad i think?) and then im using winisd/torres for the port. Shooting for 8cbft sealed total, sundown says 4-6 sealed and im gonna be overpowering, and im getting a good f3 point with 8cbft. Best i can do ported is looking like 14cbft and gonna be tuned to 46-48

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Are you wanting to compete and the numbers are important to you? Or do you just want a good demo vehicle that does 150's on music?

What I'm getting at is that just because a setup can put up a 150 doesn't mean it's going to be an impressive demo vehicle, and vice versa as well. A vehicle that is really impressive to the ear can score a lot lower on the meter but still be an impressive demo vehicle.

Are you wanting to compete and the numbers are important to you? Or do you just want a good demo vehicle that does 150's on music?

What I'm getting at is that just because a setup can put up a 150 doesn't mean it's going to be an impressive demo vehicle, and vice versa as well. A vehicle that is really impressive to the ear can score a lot lower on the meter but still be an impressive demo vehicle.

For the most part.... demo. But i probably will do a competition or two to see what it does and it would be pretty sweet to see a 150 . Thats how i feel

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Well it's alot easier to get a standard ported box right than it is to get a fourth order bandpass right. Especially if you are having to "squeeze" it into your max dimensions. I would just work on a ported enclosure man, I think you will end up being happier.

But if you don't mind rebuilding a few times to try it out then you can always try a few different designs and see what works best.

Well it's alot easier to get a standard ported box right than it is to get a fourth order bandpass right. Especially if you are having to "squeeze" it into your max dimensions. I would just work on a ported enclosure man, I think you will end up being happier.

But if you don't mind rebuilding a few times to try it out then you can always try a few different designs and see what works best.

it needs to be right the first time..... might be ported box now lol

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

If it HAS to be right the first time then I would go ported if it were me. I think your chances of success the first time are a lot greater with a standard ported box. Just my opinion man :pardon:

If it HAS to be right the first time then I would go ported if it were me. I think your chances of success the first time are a lot greater with a standard ported box. Just my opinion man :pardon:

Yeah i feel ya man... Im just lost on port area and all those specs, not what they determine but how much i should have. And i dont wanna pay somebody like bhe or ramdesigns

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived