Second Skin Audio

Has Anyone Tried It?

Aruman

yes guys, has anyone tried the RE SX 12" in 1.75ft^3 tuned at 33-34Hz?

how will it sound on the lows, and the SPL?

how you compare it against it in a 2.0ft^3 box tuned at 35hz will the 2.0ft^3 @35Hz play lower and louder than it in the 1.75ft^3 @ 33-34Hz Box, even that the smaller box is tuned lower?

On RE sites they recommend 1.5ft^3 @35Hz and 2.0ft^3 @ 33Hz why is this?

isn't the bigger box better for the lows, so why tune it so low? Isn't it better to tune the 1.5ft^3 @ 33Hz to get the lows of it compare it at 35Hz and the 2.0ft^3 @ 35Hz compare it at 33Hz?

this part I don't understand, I've always thought that a bigger box is better for the lows and the smaller box better for the upper Bass(SPL) so that's why I've always thought a bigger box is better to tune it higher compare to a smaller box, can anyone explain me this?

And is 34hz tune a good daily freq for rap/ rock and every kind of music and SPL, will it play low enough, louder and punchy Bass?

Thanks.

Shaking The Neighborhood.

Well were to start........... an SPL box is set up for a specific note. Majority of the time its a high note depending on the car. So tuning a box low it would take you power to get a high number for SPL.

Bigger and Smaller boxes........ In general SPL normally used bigger boxes in the past. However this has changed recently and its all about tuning per vehicle. But when it comes down to it really depends on what the woofers wants to see.

33-35 hz......... really hard to tell the difference between the two on a music box. Definately tunning a box lower for music is ideal especially if you listen to a lot of rap/rock. If you listen to dance/techno might want a higher tuned frequency.

As for the optimum for the RE SX hit up USAMPFREAKS. He is the Tech for RE and USAMPS. Good Luck Man I hope this was helpful.

Check my BLKSIN build in the MEMBERS BUILD section. We used two RE sx 12's in 1.8 cubes internal tuned to 33 with a single RF T3000 going to them. they play nice and low. Bigger your box, MORE overall output you will get.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Archived