Walled Taurus with Lambo Doors....

Got bad news, Good news, and bad news about the good news..... first the bad news: I didn't take any pics today. Woke up at 2... Worked at 3. The good news: I have a guy that has a design for a 4th order for 4 15's that will fit in my Taurus. Yes... 4 15's in a 4th in a Taurus. Bad news: It's cold as fuck here... So the 4th will wait until spring. I've been torn between what amplifier(s) to get... Right now I have a single B2 Zero.5.... I want my car to ultimately be a loud ass daily demo car, but i kind of want to compete... so I have 2 options... Get a 2nd zero.5 and run in the 0-1000 class... or go with something bigger like.... 2 CT-Sounds 4000.1's or 7000.1's.... or 2 B2 M1's... What do you guys think? Open to any other ideas.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

this is one of those builds, its so ugly, its cool.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

So does the kit come with a piece to make the door latch at the front instead of at the back? I thought that'd be the hardest part. Making it work on the opposite side of the door.

Yeah the kit comes with the latch and striker. Hardest part is lining it all up because you have to mount the hinge just right. So that the door is striaght and flush at the same time when you open the door its straight and not sagging down up up too high haha.

Also I noticed your getting quite a bit of weight in the vehicle now. you mive want to look into replacing the rear shocks and adding some monroe cargo coils to them.

"I did mine myself... It was pretty easy really, especially since I work at a ford dealership haha. On my Lunch break I used our wall mounted spring compressor and fabbed it all up. While I was at it I replaced the rear struts with Monroe Matic rear struts. Man, it was like a brand new car. Ride quality greatly increased and rode very smooth. I used to have to be very careful on dips and rail road tracks and what not. I tested them out and I drove 75mph over the same tracks I usually have to slow down to 45 on. I ended up spending $140 on the set of Monroe Matic struts and $70 on the Moog Cargo Coils (

Part #: CC859). SO a total of $210, All around money well spent." - copied from one of my old threads.

Check out post #24 for some visual aid

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/118-suspension-handling-brakes/165847-rear-spring-question-3.html

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

this is one of those builds, its so ugly, its cool.

The same thing could be said about you. Kthxbye.

So does the kit come with a piece to make the door latch at the front instead of at the back? I thought that'd be the hardest part. Making it work on the opposite side of the door.

Yeah the kit comes with the latch and striker. Hardest part is lining it all up because you have to mount the hinge just right. So that the door is striaght and flush at the same time when you open the door its straight and not sagging down up up too high haha.

Also I noticed your getting quite a bit of weight in the vehicle now. you mive want to look into replacing the rear shocks and adding some monroe cargo coils to them.

"I did mine myself... It was pretty easy really, especially since I work at a ford dealership haha. On my Lunch break I used our wall mounted spring compressor and fabbed it all up. While I was at it I replaced the rear struts with Monroe Matic rear struts. Man, it was like a brand new car. Ride quality greatly increased and rode very smooth. I used to have to be very careful on dips and rail road tracks and what not. I tested them out and I drove 75mph over the same tracks I usually have to slow down to 45 on. I ended up spending $140 on the set of Monroe Matic struts and $70 on the Moog Cargo Coils (

Part #: CC859). SO a total of $210, All around money well spent." - copied from one of my old threads.

Check out post #24 for some visual aid

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/118-suspension-handling-brakes/165847-rear-spring-question-3.html

Been debating something like that. unfortunately I don't have access to really anything to put it on, so it'd have to be a shop doing it. add on a few hundred and I'm probably in... what? 1g? Might as well save an extra month or 2 salary and bag it at that cost. Especially considering I was told 2 of my springs are apparently completely shot. They wanted like 1200 to replace them.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

Neither do morons

I would do 12's in a 4th order...Wardens FTW. I will have my 4th with wardens and a 7000.1 done soon. Jay Stubbs did a 56 I think with 4 wardens and two NS1's, it was in a Neon though. Don't know if you have proper room for 4 15's in a 4th. I hope the 7000.1 isnt power hungry, but shall see shortly.

J

I would do 12's in a 4th order...Wardens FTW. I will have my 4th with wardens and a 7000.1 done soon. Jay Stubbs did a 56 I think with 4 wardens and two NS1's, it was in a Neon though. Don't know if you have proper room for 4 15's in a 4th. I hope the 7000.1 isnt power hungry, but shall see shortly.

J

The design would be very unique... And would involve some cutting, but It could be done. with a 1:2.5 ratio. I'll see if I can get some exact dimensions and make a sketchup design to show y'all.

Neither do morons

Archived