Sonic Electronix

Got rid of the whine pretty much!

Just cleaned up my ground wiring a little.

its still kind of there but its definitely more bareable then before.

Still need to do the big 3. Will this help my battery charge up better?

Ive been noticing some weird voltage drops recently, but it never goes below 12.

But it really stay above 13.5. but it sometimes cuts out and drops to like 11. then goes back up.

Will the big 3 help it stay more stable?

So it never drops below 12, it really stays above 13.5 but sometimes drops to like 11? You realize that makes no sense right?

Glad to hear your whine has improved.

The big 3 will not keep you from dropping to 11v. Or at least I seriously doubt it, but if you do it right you will squeeze every bit of potential out of your electrical. It can also further improve your whine situation.

Oh woops i meant 12.5! not 13.5 It sometimes drops for a second to 11. then back up to mid 12s. But i think that was my battery terminal being kind of loose. i wish it would stay at 13, because my amp says best at 14.4. But as long as it doesnt sit below 12 i should be fine right?

Because i tightneded everything. and cleaned up wiring a little bit. and once i do the big 3, it should be working pretty good right?

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L

Flowmaster Single muffler + Tip

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

Oh woops i meant 12.5! not 13.5 It sometimes drops for a second to 11. then back up to mid 12s. But i think that was my battery terminal being kind of loose. i wish it would stay at 13, because my amp says best at 14.4. But as long as it doesnt sit below 12 i should be fine right?

Because i tightneded everything. and cleaned up wiring a little bit. and once i do the big 3, it should be working pretty good right?

Your entire vehicle will thank you, or should I say it's less likely to crap on you, if you can stay above 13.5 while the engine is running. A loose battery cable could cause power surges, but not a constant but low voltage. If you have a lot of corrosion, that could give a lot of resistance and cause lower voltage.

In every situation I have seen in person, grounding the alternator case to the frame has always helped engine noise. Try it. Of course premium fat wire is ideal, and that short of a run will be very affordable. Hit up Tony at CE Auto Electric, he can custom make you one, install the ring terminals and all. His products and workmanship are second to none bro I'm telling you from experience. It is worth every penny.

It's being a lot higher now that I moved the battery terminal. Stays at 12.6 and higher. A lot more 13s

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L

Flowmaster Single muffler + Tip

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

Archived