Sonic Electronix

mids & high install problem

if you cant test them outside the car it may be a bit difficult. I would go through and check your wires to make sure they are all in tact. if the are the may be the speakers. did you buy them new?

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

yep everything was brand new, my bet is that it's a short in the wires. for some reason i had one hell of a time trying to snake the speaker wire through the door boot and i had to friggin yank and push on them pretty hard to get them through.

I pulled one of the suspect speakers out. it definitely produces sound, but at a much lower volume than the working speaker. they also seem to cut out over a certain volume. anyway, i'll check more out and swap speakers tomorrow to test things

I've ruledout the amp, so I'm guna pull the speakers and hook them up with spare wire to see if they still have a problem or not and check the resistance of the coil. Ill update when I get a chance to do that

also, is it possible that this stuff http://compare.ebay.com/like/171113712235?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

that i used as a cheap dampener on my doors is causing a short between the terminal and the door? its definitely touching both i believe

Archived