Cleaning up my Mac, how can I make it run faster?...

I've been A hardcore Windows user for 7 years, so I knew all the ins and outs with cleaning up the hard drive/programs to keep my computer up to par, but as of last year, I bought A macbook pro 15" i7 processor intel core, 2.3ghz, 16ghz of memory. Whenever I used to play WoW I could run my graphics at ultra with 60FPS easily, other programs were ran as well(Dual monitors) Now, whenever I play I have to set the graphics to medium to get 40-50 FPS and that's WITHOUT any other programs running. What I'm trying to figure out is, what can I do to speed up my computer again? I know Apple likes to be cool-mastah flex and add in there own programs for it, but what damn programs/apps! :(

How big is your "other folder"?

I usually just sleep my mac. is gets restarted or shut down about once every 6 months.

One time my other folder was 80GB. After a restart it went away. Its your VAR SLEEP IMAGE or something like that.

Try to download OMNI to clean up your drives. be careful though. it gives you access to things your not intended by apple to see.

How big is your "other folder"?

I usually just sleep my mac. is gets restarted or shut down about once every 6 months.

One time my other folder was 80GB. After a restart it went away. Its your VAR SLEEP IMAGE or something like that.

Try to download OMNI to clean up your drives. be careful though. it gives you access to things your not intended by apple to see.

Where can I find my "other" folder? D:

Archived