Hey guys, I have never lifted anything before, so having trouble knowing good quality brands as compared to cheap and crappy. Im looning or a 3-6 in lift. Was wondering If anybody could recommend some good quality brands for an 04 blazer ls 4x4 4 dr.

Also, I have quite a bit of knowledge and an ability to figure things out as I am mechanically inclined, but how hard is it to install a lift? Either by myself or with another one of my friends. Thanks for the help!!

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Solid Axle Swap! This is on a first generation, but a second generation isnt much different. We have done 4 s10s now!

krs13.jpg

krs17.jpg

krs11.jpg

krs20.jpg

krs23.jpg

krs24.jpg

newblaze.jpg

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

Hahaha damn!!! I want that! But don't have that kin of time, money, or expertise yet. I need a kit I can follow some kind if instructions for.

Also need help deciding how much lift to put on it. My problem is I want a 6" lift, but this last winter I had just bought some wrangler silent armour 235/75/15's which look and perform amazing, but I don't want my truck to look all lifted and badass and have a tiny set of tires on them. I dropped a grand on my set of 5, but sure as shit can't be buying a whole mother set.

Not really sure what there is for IFS lifts. They were always WAY out of my budget! I know you can do a 2 inch body lift on a second generation and get 31 inch tires to fit. The body lift kit is less than $200 I think.

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

Not really sure what there is for IFS lifts. They were always WAY out of my budget! I know you can do a 2 inch body lift on a second generation and get 31 inch tires to fit. The body lift kit is less than $200 I think.

I want a full suspension lift as this will be for 4x4 purposes and the stock suspension can't even get me over a small tree stump without rubbing, let alone deep mudding. I'm not trying to fit bigger tires, I'm trying to use my existing ones without my vehicle looking stupid.

I always point anybody and everybody towards Tough Country lifts. Their suspension lifts are seconds to none when it comes to quality, and, although they can sometimes be a bit expensive, I've never heard of anybody having problems with them.

I will say this from experience. Buy. Bigger. Tires. Regardless of whether you're stump climbing, deep mudding or just dirt road driving, bigger tires are better, in my opinion. I'm not talking about 44 inch Super Swampers; I'm talking about a 35-37 inch Toyo Open Country M/T or Nitto Trail Grappler. Besides, they just look better. If you don't buy bigger tires, you'll give off a cen-cal image, which is a lifted city truck.

Archived