Sundown Audio

kicker zx1000.1 at 1 ohm?

Berries53

i just aquiered a 2010 model zx1000.1 in a trade and im wondering if it could be ran at 1 ohm with the propper eletrical? i have a 250 amp alt and a optima yellow top under the hood(i know its not the greatest but it came with the truck lol) alos have the big 3 and 1 run of 0gauge to the back. what do yall guys think? ill be running it to a custom dc lvl 3 18.

Im quite sure kicker amps can only be run down 2ohms. my zx1500.1 was like that anyway

06 v6 Mustangbig 3Mechman 270 Hybrid G2 interstate batteriesBC3500 wired at 12 Sundown x-10 D4's

Your mileage may vary

My way of saying: no way of knowing what will happen. It may break, it may play for years without issue. But the chance is there that it may break and if you wire below rated, you need to accept that as a possible outcome. Neither myself, nor anyone here can tell you to do it because then we'll be liable if it breaks.

It's a personal choice

well yea i know its my choice. im just asking for yall opinions. and possible experiences doin this. i know sum people have probably blowen their amp doing it and sum have worked and took the stain like it was nothing. and i wouldnt hold people over the net responsible for blowing an amp that that litterally had pretty much nothing to do with lol im not a 12 year old anymore lol

Archived