bbeljefe Posted September 19, 2013 Report Posted September 19, 2013 Yes sir. And please post a build log of the tweeter box. I'm starting a new build in my truck this weekend and I may want to copy it. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
robby512 Posted September 19, 2013 Author Report Posted September 19, 2013 Well thanks again for all your help I'll hopefully have my sub today and get it done soon
bbeljefe Posted September 19, 2013 Report Posted September 19, 2013 Post up some pics.... Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
robby512 Posted September 19, 2013 Author Report Posted September 19, 2013 one assuming i can round up from 26.21 to 26.25? just want to make sure before i get this started and get cutting so the port will be 15.25 long down then an extension of 11 technically 11.75 cause its going to connect into the 15.25 and ill of course have 4.25 wide through the port. but then how does that equal 85square inche of total port wouldnt it be more like 15.25 x 4.25 = 64.81 11.75 x 4.25 = 49.37 together they will equal 114.7 cause to find total area of a port you take the width times the height correct?
thefourth Posted September 19, 2013 Report Posted September 19, 2013 I'd suggest 3 cubes after displacements... especially if your only running 1200 to them Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
bbeljefe Posted September 19, 2013 Report Posted September 19, 2013 Yes, you can round up to a quarter... and no, not 114.7 inches of port. You only measure the opening at one end and it has nothing at all to do with length. If your box is 21.5 inches tall (your spec in OP) and the port runs vertically along one or the other side, then the measurement for port area is 20" (inside dimension of box height) X 4.25" width. The port could be 2 inches long or twenty feet long and it could be straight or it could turn ten times... that has nothing to do with the port area. Port area is only a measurement of the surface area of the port... in simple terms, it's only a measurement of what you see on the outside of a finished box. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
robby512 Posted September 19, 2013 Author Report Posted September 19, 2013 Ohhh that makes perfect sense I see now this is all fairly easy thank you for your help and my sub should be here today and I'm trying yo build the box today to
robby512 Posted September 20, 2013 Author Report Posted September 20, 2013 Well never mind the build of the box the back seat is going to come out and I will be putting 2 hdc 3 15's instead of just one
bbeljefe Posted September 20, 2013 Report Posted September 20, 2013 LMAO! I don't blame you dude. Matter of fact, if weather permits I'll be ripping the back seats out of my truck tomorrow. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
robby512 Posted September 20, 2013 Author Report Posted September 20, 2013 Well to be honest my wife finally said it was ok I had those seats out in 5 minutes before she could change her mind so down to the business of this new box. Soundqubed recommends 10 net feet 160 sq" of port and the vent 18 inches long so. Inner dimensions are length 48 x height 20 x width 18 = exactly 10 cubic feet net next 160 sq inches of port So since box height is 20 (inner dimension) I take 160/20 = 8 So 8 is my port opening at 18 inches long will tune near 35 hz said the sound qubed tech guy
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.