voltage issue

two batteries and accessories on and idling will drain pretty much your entire alts capabilities. each battery takes around 10 amps to keep charged. so thats 20 amps right there.

plus while you're idling your alt is only outputting like 40 amps.

two batteries and accessories on and idling will drain pretty much your entire alts capabilities. each battery takes around 10 amps to keep charged. so thats 20 amps right there.

So really, i dont have much power if any of my alternator available to the amp? i play mostly at idle. do you think an alternator with 140 amps at idle would suffice for a 2000 rms amp?

So really, i dont have much power if any of my alternator available to the amp? i play mostly at idle. do you think an alternator with 140 amps at idle would suffice for a 2000 rms amp?

when you play at idle (either in Park and not touching the gas, or at a stop light) you're not taking advantage of all the power the alt can output. higher voltage = cooler running equipment and louder.

when you drop under like 12.5v or around there, you're using up all of your alts power and are now draining the batteries. a singer 230 should be fine for 2k.

Well, you shouldn't be playing full tilt at idle, that's your problem right there, you're basically relying on battery power when you do that. I know that if I go full tilt at idle, I dip down in the low 12's, but hold 2k, and I hold 13's no problem.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

when you play at idle (either in Park and not touching the gas, or at a stop light) you're not taking advantage of all the power the alt can output. higher voltage = cooler running equipment and louder.

when you drop under like 12.5v or around there, you're using up all of your alts power and are now draining the batteries. a singer 230 should be fine for 2k.

Well, you shouldn't be playing full tilt at idle, that's your problem right there, you're basically relying on battery power when you do that. I know that if I go full tilt at idle, I dip down in the low 12's, but hold 2k, and I hold 13's no problem.

Thanks guys. i will probably be purchasing the singer alternator

Archived