Second Skin Audio

needing help with a custom build for Cadillac brougham d' elegance

Courtnee Edwards

What is Sol and Squad? It sounds very much like an east coast thing. A bandpass can be a very good performing enclosure but isn't for the inexperienced. It will require tweaking usually and it likely will not be perfect the first run. A simple ported enclosure can achieve the desired results often and are much easier to build. As far as the "MOST" bass, it's going to come down to build quality and quality of the design. There are plenty of guys around here that can design a good enclosure to suit your needs.

If you want suggestions on a design, post up some dimensions that you have gone out and measured and will definitely fit for an enclosure, Height, Width, and Depth. You also need to mention what kind of equipment you plan on running, like subs, amp, and things like that. You also need to include what type of music you listen to.

P.S. Welcome to the forum :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I will measure up tomorrow and I was trying to type spl And sq but my phone acting up. I want to go with the smd 15's and two rockford 2500bdcp's or a kicker warhorse amp for the subs. With 3 sets of kenwood 6.5 components two sets for the front and one set along with kenwood 6x9's in the rear deck and a good set of jbl plates for the dash. Oh yea a pair of the 6.5's will be in the kick panels with two rf400.4's powering the Mids and highs. I really want to get the box done the right way with no trunk rattle at all.

I listen to all types of music anything that sounds good, but I really like the old school music r and b rap some country and a little rock and roll never hurts anyone. I already started on the rear deck and finished with the 6.5's and the 6x9's and they sound great to me. I'm waiting on the rest of the 6.5's and the smd woofers but I can't seem to find any out here no one sells them. But the local shops sell DD and Orion rockford kicker re xxx. I want to be the first with the amd's where I'm from so that's my choice.

the first system that I heard that made me really like 4th orders was in a caddy deville ported through the ski hole. I ran 3 of the old round Kicker solobarics and that car hit hard but played music. The cool thing was it really had no rattles. If you have a good design, a 4th will do very well in the car. Again this is all based on the design.

You won't be able to find SMD subwoofers anymore unless someone has a cache somewhere or some used. They are out of production.

If you are looking for some choices the will handle power near or at that level: DC level 5-6, Incrimnator audio judge, Warden, Sundown Zv4 or if you can wait for nightshade v3. Ascendant audio Mayhem, Tantric HHD,SHD. American bass VFL. Soundqubed HDC 4.0. digital Designs 9500, Orion Hcca

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

Why they stop making them? That's a nice subwoofer wish I would have known that when they where available. I have a Cadillac brougham d elegance with a average size arm rest in the back seat and I looked up the box you suggested thy get really big on the port side and with two 15's I no the box will take up more than half my trunk. The average 15 needs at least 3 cubes of space to opperate. I have looked on youtube just to see who has a forth order in the trunk without fold down seats and can't find one I'm impressed with. Do you no someone?

They were going to make the SMD v2 but it has been delayed a lot, dunno if it will be made. And Steve and the guys at ascendant audio had a few differences, so there are currently no more SMD woffers produced.

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

• 4 weeks later...

I will measure up the trunk tomorrow and post the measurements. Whats the difference between the regular smd and the smd v2? Their is a hump about 12 inches from my back seat and a 15 will not fit that space between the top of the hump and the rear deck lid. How will a forth order work? The box will be bigger than a regular ported box.

Archived