azscott Posted September 27, 2013 Author Report Posted September 27, 2013 Yeah sorry for the confusion that's my fault for not being totally clear
CleanSierra Posted September 27, 2013 Report Posted September 27, 2013 What subs are you planning on using? That will help determine how much port you'll need. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
azscott Posted September 27, 2013 Author Report Posted September 27, 2013 I'm using rockford fosgate p1 15" subs.
azscott Posted September 27, 2013 Author Report Posted September 27, 2013 Really think I'm going to have to go down to a walk of only 4 subs though instead of 6. I got my box all figured out for the 6, but I'm not happy with it, I feel like I can do much better as far as design and sound with only 4 in the space I have.
CleanSierra Posted September 27, 2013 Report Posted September 27, 2013 So you currently have the 6 subs installed in a wall? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
azscott Posted September 27, 2013 Author Report Posted September 27, 2013 No the 6 aren't installed yet. I'm doing all my designing using the Torres box calculator and sketch up to get things laid out. But the 6 just wouldn't have enough air space in my car
azscott Posted September 27, 2013 Author Report Posted September 27, 2013 Right now my car is empty, I pulled the previous system out of it. So it's empty the back seat is gone too.
CleanSierra Posted September 27, 2013 Report Posted September 27, 2013 I'm sorry I just re read what you wrote. I would DEFINITELY do 4 in a proper wall rather than 4 that are struggling for airspace. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
azscott Posted September 27, 2013 Author Report Posted September 27, 2013 Yeah and let me tell you what I have drawn up and see what you think. I have 210 inch of port area tuned to 34 hz. The box is 10.62 cubic feet and the I've calculated displacement into that. I'm doing the 4 15" subs now which would want roughly 10.4 cu ft
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.