azscott Posted September 25, 2013 Report Posted September 25, 2013 Ok so I've decided to build a wall in my Nissan Sentra, and I was looking for some design help. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, because I've built plenty of boxes but never a wall. So I guess you could say I'm a noob to walls. I'm working with an area that has a width of 51in, a height of 33 in, and a depth of 30 in. I plan on running Rockford fosgate 15" subs that are recommended to be in 2.6 cu ft each and tuned to 34 hz. The goal is to run 6 of these 15" woofers, but I'm not sure that I have enough space to make that happen, so I may have to step down to only 4 subs. So any ideas on box design that would fit 6 subs would be ideal, and I would really appreciate any info on building a wall in general.
john253a Posted September 25, 2013 Report Posted September 25, 2013 its no different to a normal box except bigger there are a few options as to joining or building inside the car i use 2x2 to brace the box in all the corners but some a jig to pre-drill and screw at 45's
azscott Posted September 25, 2013 Author Report Posted September 25, 2013 Thank you john253a for the reply. I was planning on doing bracing but wasn't really sure on what really to do yet. But I'll definitely brace all the corners like you said now.
Kevin M Posted September 25, 2013 Report Posted September 25, 2013 Threaded rod works really well too. I used 2 pieces of 5/8" in my wall with 4 18". Worked like a charm and killed any baffle flex I had before. With the nuts, washers, and lock-washers it set me back about 35 bux. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
azscott Posted September 26, 2013 Author Report Posted September 26, 2013 Yeah I was kinda curious about the threaded rod, because I've been seeing a lot of guys using that for support. It's good to know that it's cost effective and works pretty well.
CleanSierra Posted September 26, 2013 Report Posted September 26, 2013 Are you here in AZ? I'd be happy to help, depending on where you are. Very few walls around here, it would be nice to see another one. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
twisted1 Posted September 26, 2013 Report Posted September 26, 2013 Ramdesigns will hook you up with amazing blueprint! 09 mustang gt
azscott Posted September 26, 2013 Author Report Posted September 26, 2013 Yeah I'm in az, the Peoria area to be more specific. And I don't really need someone to design my box, I was just looking to see if anyone had any advice on little things to do to make a wall that much better. Thank you though for the suggestion of ram designs!
CleanSierra Posted September 26, 2013 Report Posted September 26, 2013 I'm in Glendale, so that's super close. And I'm confused, your original post specifically states you are looking for a design fois a great andr a wall for 6 15s. So your original post is a bit misleading. I could definitely design and help build a wall, but if you don't need that kind of help, I understand. Are you looking for suggestions like port area, internal volume, and port displacement? There is no real need for Ram Designs(he is a great and trusted designer) if you have guys local to you willing to help, in my opinion. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
azscott Posted September 27, 2013 Author Report Posted September 27, 2013 Yeah I realize that was misleading now, my main question was really on port area. I was thinking of having a port around 200 but I'm not sure if that's too small.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.