NO-WALL --- NEW AMPS --- 3 NS-1s @ 19V --- NEW SCORE 160.02@ 33HZ --- 6 SUNDOWN ZV4 12" SUBWOOFERS

i bet its doing stupid numbers at higher frequencies though?

iv have just got another 5000d so that will be going in when i get a chance. that will mean 30kw , that should be interesting too see.

IT plays an stupid big ass bandwith for sure, does 155.2 @ 40 hz with 2600 clamped watts, should be doing over 160 @ 40 hz once it´s done :(

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

You want to go louder? Use a more efficient port! :)

I if use a bigger port , those lows will significantly drop off and thats not what im aiming for . In the comp i compete in , its all about flatness . I may gain a db on peak if i made the port bigger but would loose a great deal more on the lower frequencies .

Thanks for your input though :)

Ill just have to make up with it with power :P

Tried putting the box in backwards so the port is facing forwards?

Also rounding the entrance/exit of the port may allow you to keep the output flat while increasing output.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

subs up/port forward on that design? that´s a no no :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

You want to go louder? Use a more efficient port! :)

I if use a bigger port , those lows will significantly drop off and thats not what im aiming for . In the comp i compete in , its all about flatness . I may gain a db on peak if i made the port bigger but would loose a great deal more on the lower frequencies .

Thanks for your input though :)

Ill just have to make up with it with power :P

Tried putting the box in backwards so the port is facing forwards?

Also rounding the entrance/exit of the port may allow you to keep the output flat while increasing output.

There have been quite a few builds ive seen like that in a nowall and they have failed miserably . So its no worth all the effort to turn it all aroubd for it not to work.

I have used a scoop at the port to direct the wave up and i lost abit on the mid frequencies , highs and low lows where the similar but still lower. I took it back out and scores where back to normal . I think having a flat hard surface at the port exit helps loud the the port better .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Heres a quick update on this build as i havent updated this thread in a few years.

the 4th 5000d didnt work out well as once the amps got strapped, one had a fit and refused to work. so the next plan was to go a step up on the amps, 3 ns1s was the way forward

i then decided to build a new box and open the port up slightly sacrificing the lows in hope of a much higher peak. i also wanted to beef up all the bracing to make an overall stronger box as you can see in the pics.

hopefully the zv4s will hold up on the new power

IMG_1053_zpsvfpc88ja.jpg

IMG_1054_zps9qwuiw57.jpg

IMG_1055_zpssaxhoch7.jpg

IMG_1056_zps8f7g4awd.jpg

IMG_1057_zpsg952kocn.jpg

IMG_1059_zpsmeqxfgz5.jpg

IMG_1060_zps0o1kybj6.jpg

IMG_1061_zpsua8wqeqg.jpg

IMG_1062_zpswcmfa51l.jpg

IMG_1063_zpslz1oilfe.jpg

IMG_1064_zps8zg1zawn.jpg