Best battery for under the hood?

Sears DieHard Platinum. They perform well over spec. Mine is rated 800 something and it tested around 1200 if I remember right. I'm still kicking myself because I could have fit the next size up. 5 year warranty. Takes ridiculous abuse. Mine is probably bouncing all over the place because my battery hold down strap is missing, then again it is so heavy that Sears employees are told to not let people walk out with them and insist they roll it out in a shopping cart. I will definitely fix this issue before I wheel it or anything though hehe. They are made by Odyssey now which - nitpicking aside - is probably the best battery manufacturer in the world. I spent about 200 on mine. I am surprised at how well this battery + my 136amp alt keep voltage up with me running around 1600w. In fact my ECU controlled alt probably has more to do with lower numbers than anything else. If I get a second battery, I will be getting another one of these.

You probably can't go wrong with XS though. I haven't used them but I have never read anything bad about them. Not even once. It's just more convenient to walk into Sears if you need one/need to do a warranty exchange. Plus I know people who work there so they aren't going to give me any shit about replacing it.

EDIT: They are made by Enersys, who also makes Odyssey. My bad. http://www.enersys.com/

Archived