Second Skin Audio

help with 4th order for obsidain audio 15

cgallmore

For a normal ported box(4th order) or a 4th order bandpass for the 2" port and 30 Hz tune? Which style enclosure were YOU referring to with 30Hz tune and a 2" port?

30Hz is too low for a bandpass and we'll not have enough useable bandwidth(more than likely wont get into the 40s with any output)

A 2" round or aero port well be retarded inefficient and NOT be nearly enough port, even with multiples.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

For a normal ported box(4th order) or a 4th order bandpass for the 2" port and 30 Hz tune? Which style enclosure were YOU referring to with 30Hz tune and a 2" port?

30Hz is too low for a bandpass and we'll not have enough useable bandwidth(more than likely wont get into the 40s with any output)

A 2" round or aero port well be retarded inefficient and NOT be nearly enough port, even with multiples.

The numbers were purely for example. How the sealed portion can be 1:2 with the ported portion and its easier to design two boxes but just use a double mounting plate inside.

The numbers were purely for example. How the sealed portion can be 1:2 with the ported portion and its easier to design two boxes but just use a double mounting plate inside.

So you are saying use Torres and design a sealed box then double or triple the air space and design a ported box and just combine the 2?

So you are saying use Torres and design a sealed box then double or triple the air space and design a ported box and just combine the 2?

That would be the easiest way. But draw it out and you can use full pieces for the bottom/top/sides to make one box. Your ported portion may very well be 3 times the size because of the area lost from the port.

• 2 weeks later...

You are missing to tell what vehicle, the specs of the box, you could just have a weak or misaligned front stage, but if it sounds boomy or loose then that's different, likely a box issue.

its a 2005 toyota rav4 and it plays a god awful noise above 35 hz. and im running 800 watts and its rated for 600. i feel like i dont get any power from it unless my radio is turned up all the way. i want to play a little higher notes than what im at now.

Im in the process of building a 4th order as well. The larger the sealed section, the more low end frequency you will get. im tuning mine around 42hz and that is pretty low for a 4th order. For your setup as i see described above id say do 1.5-1.75 ft^3 sealed and whatever ratio you choose would determine ported volume(2:1 would make it 3-3.5ft^3 ported). and tune between 48-50 to get your high end frequency.

Archived