ECU not allowing my 240alt and Big3 to charge properly?

Ok, so I have a 2007 Camry 2.4, computer controlled. I have done the Big3, and I have installed my Mechman 240alt. I just installed my VM-1, and I am at a solid 14, and it never drops lower than 13.6. But, even when rev my engine up to above 2000, it never goes above 14 on the VM-1. Is this my ECU regulating my voltage? I have heard of some kind of computer over-rides for ECUs, but not sure if I want to mess with it. Will this be ok, as long as my voltage stays between, say 13.5 and 14 when running and playing music? I may just be over-thinking this, but I figured it would at least jump to 14.5 when I am driving.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Huh, I have read that the 2007 is PCU controlled? The battery light is still on in the dash too, but I know I am charging off the alt, so I am not worried about that anymore. Ok, gonna check your sticky.

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Toyota camry is not pcm controlled. Look at my topic in the electrical section pinned at the top for an explanation.

Ok, so this..."For the most part, many of these alternators are NOT PCM controlled. In most vehicles, Toyota's internal regulator are programmed to have a 14.4-14.5 voltage set point on cold start in 70-80F ambient air temperature and will do full output at 13-13.4 volts typically. Toyota does this for the reason that it allows the under hood battery to last longer due to a lower voltage set point when it's hot under the hood of the vehicle and/or ambient air temperature. I have seen many vehicles with the stock Toyota batteries last up to 5 years or longer in some cases before failure".. So the Internal regulator is controlling my voltage. Then I suppose as long as I don't drop below 13.5, I should be alright, and just let the regulator do it's thing.

your charging voltage shouldn't go up when you get on the throttle..... my s-10 is 14.7 idle or at 2k (obviously unless im on the volume knob hard then it drops)

only thing that should change is the amperage output potential when at 2k versus at idle

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

your charging voltage shouldn't go up when you get on the throttle..... my s-10 is 14.7 idle or at 2k (obviously unless im on the volume knob hard then it drops)

only thing that should change is the amperage output potential when at 2k versus at idle

Well ok, that makes since. I guess I figured it would go up when I was running at a higher rpm since the alt puts out more power at that range.

with some vehicles that are pcm controlled what i said may be wrong i don't know for sure i've never dealt with 1.. but on a non pcm controlled unit it should be constant

often when voltage is fluctuating from idle to 2k it can indicated a regulator issue possibly or not good enough belt wrap (from what i was told when i was having issues on my f-150 back when i had it)

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Voltage is only half the equation. I have the same charge voltage as you in my camry. Look at my sig

Cool bro, hearing that from you, a DC power guy WITH a Camry, I feel much better and shall not worry anymore. :thanx:

Archived