Second Skin Audio

4 15 wall build in extended cab of ford ranger

toolshed

IsTherE Any Other Options , Its Going To Be Hard To Open The DoOrs Rolling Down ThE Road haha

Pretty sure a lot of systems lose with everything sealed up. Maybe even safe to say most, I know mine does, so does mine friend. Roll the windows down and I get louder and lower. Also If you go to shows (idk if you go regularly or not) you'll notice a lot of guys demo with only the driver door open or with both windows down. Just how a lot of system react to being in a closed surrounding

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Bass notes are everywhere between 15-60 feet long. When you trap them in the 5-15' long cabin of a vehicle, you cause refractions and cancellations which in turn, cause the sound pressure to drop.

This is the exact same reason why sealed boxes don't perform as well as vented boxes and it's the exact same reason why transmission lines perform better than conventional vented enclosures.

Bass notes need room to do their thing without being fucked with by solid objects. ;-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

So A 4th Order Would Probably Do better Than A Flat Wall

No probably about it. It would do much better.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

There is a build on this site where a guy has a 4th order bandpass setup just like that. I think his username is RockfordCole. Itsa couple of 15s in a Colorado. Subs fire up into the port and the port shoots forward

Here is the link to the build:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163987-4th-order-wall-in-chevy-colorado/?fromsearch=1

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived