Chriskemp909 Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 I have a Crunch Power Zone PZA1400.2 2 Channel Amplifier 350 x 2 @ 4 OHMS, 700 x 2 @ 2 OHMS - 1400 Watts x 1 @ 4 OHMS with Illuminated Badge in my trunk already. I want to to buy two skar vvx-10" subwoofers. I was going to buy both woofers in 2ohms. I want to know how to wire them at 700 watts each? Or do I need the 4ohms? Btw: I've been looking at crutchfeild and sonic electronics wiring diagrams but, I don't understand if there 700 watts each? Thanks!
truthsayer Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 Those subs are 600 watt rms each. But they will handle the 700 rms just fine. truthsayer
ham4864 Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 if you go with dual 2ohm you can do. 1/2, 2, or 8ohm if you go with dual 4ohm you can do . 1 or 4ohm that would work for the amp you have, That will give you 700watts per sub @ 4 OHMS 2009 bmw 5 series Head Unit Stock Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4 Processor- Audiocontrol LC6
truthsayer Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 Just get 2 of the dvc 4 ohm and wire each sub to 2ohm. so wire the subs individualy in parralel. then wire the subs in series. this will give you a 4 ohm load to amp. go here http://www.bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm, this will give you all the help you need. truthsayer
Guest Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 get D4's. that way each woofer will see like 300rms or so when you bridge the amp at 4 ohms.
Chriskemp909 Posted September 29, 2013 Author Report Posted September 29, 2013 Thanks for the interest guys! So I did some reading and I think I get it "This is the wiring diagram for woofers with dual 2 ohm voice coils. This will give you a 2 ohm load. The voice coils of each individual speakers are wired in series. This gives each speaker an 4 ohm impedance. Wiring them in parallel will present the amp with a 2 ohm load. You can calculate for more speakers by entering the number of speakers in the correct field." So I am going to get 2 2ohm speakers and wire the speakers individual voice coiIs in series, making each speaker 4ohm, then I will wire them parceled to give the amp a 2ohm impendance? And deliver 700 watts x 2 @ 2ohms? Right? Again, thanks for all your help!
truthsayer Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 no, the way you are talking, if this is a 2 channel amp. and wired like you said. each channel will be getting a 4 ohm load. get two dvc 4ohm subs. wire each sub in parralel for a 2ohm load each sub. so your 2 channel amp, each channel will be getting a 2ohm load. any confusion go back to http://www.bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm.if you want to wire them on 1 channel do this and this will give 1 channel with a 4ohm load. But if u want to wire useing 2 channels do as i stated above. so if you are wireing 2 channels and wire each sub in paralel you will present each channel a 2ohm load. hope this explains it for you. truthsayer
truthsayer Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 ok i checked out your amp, and you can wire it either way like i said. truthsayer
john253a Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 D4 like everyone else said Series the sub and parrell to the amp That way each sub is wired to 8ohm giving 4ohm final Other sub in the same price you may wish to look at that might suit your needs better http://www.emfcaraudio.com/sa-series/ http://www.dcsoundlab.com/level3.html http://www.soundqubed.com/SDC-25-Series-Subwoofers_c_14.html
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.