Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

recone ascendant audio mayhem


Miguels

Recommended Posts

Posted

do you guys think its possible to recone a mayhem with different soft parts? trying to see if i can use Fi q recone kit with a softer suspension. looking to get my impala build but dont want to spend money on new subs and have the mayhems collect more dust.. i just want them to sound better than what they sound now, its not the type of bass im looking to get in my impala

Posted

I know exactly what you're talking about but I don't think your plan will do what you want. I've had recones with one less and one more spider than they come with stock and I didn't hear a difference in either. Mayhems sell for about $300-350 used and a new Q sells for $300. I've been planning on doing that for a while now myself.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

well i wanted to recone so i wont have to buy new subs.. maybe use a tc basket to make them 15" so i can put one in my trunk in a 4th order.. it will be hard to sell them so i rather experiment with them a bit

what type of spiders did you use? i

Posted

Email Fi tell then what you want and they will tell you if it can be done

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6054 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...