Aaron Dominguez Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 Well I was originally planning on building a box for the sa-12 but I looked at every lumber yard and the closest place that sells mdf boards is over 2 hours away, I found a prefab and was wondering if it would work good for the sa, the link to it is http://caraudiofactory.com/single-slot-ported-p-116.html Can any 1 tell me what this box is tuned too? Or if the sa will do good in it? Thanks for any help, it is appreciated
CleanSierra Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 That port looks way way way too big for most subs on the market. Edit- 81" of port is a ton. Also, their math can't be correct on port size. They say the outside dimension is 15" height, yet they also state that the port is 14" in height. They have the thickness of wood listed at 3/4" MDF, that's 1.5" with top and bottom of the box. They are either stating the outside dimensions off the box incorrectly, or the height of the port incorrectly. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Aaron Dominguez Posted September 29, 2013 Author Report Posted September 29, 2013 http://caraudiofactory.com/single-slot-ported-p-118.html Would this box be better? http://caraudiofactory.com/single-slot-ported-p-119.html Or this 1?
CleanSierra Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 On rated power, I'd go with the first one from your second post. After port and sub displacement, you're at a good volume. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Brandonbkd Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 Haha that box in your fist post has a HUGE port for a 12 FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!! 2003 Explorer Sport: FI BL18 SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm Pioneer DEH-2500UI Pioneer 6 x 8s Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s 5 ft^3 box at 35hz Lots of Mega Mat
CleanSierra Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 Is buying a box your only option? Do you have the ability to build one yourself if given a design? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Aaron Dominguez Posted September 30, 2013 Author Report Posted September 30, 2013 Is buying a box your only option? Do you have the ability to build one yourself if given a design?I want to build my own but like I said the closest place to me that sells mdf is over 2 hours away and I don't have a truck to go get it, I could use a design tho if I find some mdf, looking to tune kinda low around 30-34 hz
Brandonbkd Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 Dang dude where do you live? Theres no home depot or lowes anywhere close? FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!! 2003 Explorer Sport: FI BL18 SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm Pioneer DEH-2500UI Pioneer 6 x 8s Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s 5 ft^3 box at 35hz Lots of Mega Mat
CleanSierra Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 Is buying a box your only option? Do you have the ability to build one yourself if given a design?I want to build my own but like I said the closest place to me that sells mdf is over 2 hours away and I don't have a truck to go get it, I could use a design tho if I find some mdf, looking to tune kinda low around 30-34 hz You can have the place you buy it make the cuts for you. You can then take the pieces home and assemble them. All you need us a design and a cut sheet Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Aaron Dominguez Posted September 30, 2013 Author Report Posted September 30, 2013 Dang dude where do you live? Theres no home depot or lowes anywhere close?I'm in southern Colorado away from the city, only big town close doesn't have lowes or home depot here, the city closest that has both is 2 and a half hours away haha
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.